Mechanic, Full Time – Schuyler, NY
Mohawk Valley Bridge Contractor
Local highway bridge contractor is seeking a qualified mechanic with experience in road and heavy construction equipment. Qualified candidate should have the following;
- Repair and maintenance of road heavy and trucking equipment both in shop and mobile. Including excavators and cranes.
- Maintenance and repair of diesel and gas engines, small engines (i.e. air compressors, demo saws, tampers etc.)
- Troubleshoot and perform system or specialized component repairs on electrical, hydraulic, air brake and power train systems, as well as suspensions and steering.
- Maintain and utilize preventative maintenance practices.
- Ability to read and interpret part books, service and operation manuals, manufacture’s specifications and schematics while diagnosing and resolving equipment problems and malfunctions.
- Welding and cutting a plus
- Implement and maintain DOT and OSHA regulations and Company safety compliance, including consistent and proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record
- Construction equipment experience and or component training preferred
- Ability to work in-shop and in an outdoor environment including high on-season demand
Competitive Salary, Company paid health insurance and pension.
If you desire a long term position with excellent benefits APPLY TODAY.
Job Type: Full-time
- Diesel Mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Heavy equipment
- Heavy trucks
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma