The Occidental College Child Development Center serves children 2-5 years of age. It is a developmentally-appropriate, play-based, full-day program. The Afternoon teacher will report to the Director. The Afternoon Teacher will work with classroom teachers and aides to supervise children and facilitate play, during both outdoor and indoor play. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday from 1:00 – 5:30pm.
Must have a minimum of 12 semester units in Child Development/ECE, with one course in General Child Growth & Development, one course in Child, Family & Community, one course Curriculum.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Afternoon Teacher’s Duties and Responsibilities will include the following:
- Working with other teachers/aides to ensuring the safety of children
- Providing supervision of children and supporting children during both outdoor and indoor play
- Collaborating with other teachers/aides to provide enriching play activities for children
- Helping children with toileting/diapering
- AA (or higher) degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Minimum of 12 semester units in Child Development/ECE, with one course in General Child Growth & Development, one course in Child, Family & Community, one course Curriculum.
- 2 years of experience in early childhood education in a school/classroom setting preferred. Experience should be in a play-based, developmental, constructivist learning setting. Experience in emergent curriculum, Reggio Emilia-inspired approach, project approach, and/or STEM preferred.
- Must understand appropriate evaluation/assessment criteria for children ages two to five years of age.
- CPR and First Aid training is required and must be up to date.
- Must have general knowledge of Title 22 Regulations, the functions of Social Services, the Fire Department, etc.
- The teacher must support an attitude that every child has the ability and opportunity to succeed in all areas.
- Must use effective oral and written communication skills.
- Teacher must be willing and able to assist in all center activities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- early childhood education: 2 years (Preferred)
- Preschool: 2 years (Preferred)
- Los Angeles, CA 90041 (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education (Preferred)