External Comms/PR Lead Specialist
Working from within Deloitte’s Green Dot Agency, the Public Relations Lead Specialist for Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory will help deliver innovative external communications strategies that build and protect the firm’s brand and reputation, help position the firm on issues including cybersecurity and strategic risk, ensure consistent messaging, and position advisory professionals as luminaries whose commentary enhances the Deloitte brand.
The successful candidate is a team player, creative thinker, and proactive practitioner who has an execution-oriented mindset and can work at both strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value communications results.
What you will do:
- Work with Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Marketing and Public Relations leads to assist with eminence-building strategies and tactics.
- Source, develop, manage and complete various writing and editorial projects, including press releases, bylined articles, messaging and talking points
- Drive external eminence for Deloitte by proactively pitching stories positioning Deloitte leaders as experts on specific topics.
- Become accepted as a trusted advisor and provide strategic communications counsel to senior leadership.
- Serve as a key media contact and actively work to enhance and cultivate relationships with the media, particularly within top tier business press and leading trade publications, and facilitate media interviews with leadership.
- Engage and participate in client-facing activities (e.g. conference participation, sponsorships) to further strengthen Deloitte’s brand in the marketplace.
- Prepare spokespeople and practice leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements by creating detailed briefing books - including key messages and talking points - and providing refresher media training as appropriate, facilitating and coordinating more in-depth media training for spokespeople when required.
- Help coordination with external PR agency resources.
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong media relations skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate across a variety of stakeholder groups (technical subject matter experts to business owners), with ability to present complex information in easily understandable format and tailored to audiences.
- Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team, experience in large corporate setting and/or professional services a plus.
- Organized with ability to prioritize and manage client expectations across multiple, competing projects/priorities with aggressive due dates and quick turn-around times.
- Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating, delegating and motivating cross-functional groups or activities.
- Executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management and adapt to business needs.
- Interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills, including ability to interact with and coach senior leaders and highly intellectual thinkers.
- Persuasive skills and able to gain consensus through influence.
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills; flexibility and adaptability.
- Financial management skills and ability to manage budget.
- Conceptual and strategic thinker with the ability to balance innovative approaches with business objectives.
- Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services.
- Experience in corporate communications and working closely with and writing for senior executives.
Deloitte’s Communications team provides value to the U.S. Firms by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach their audience and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication methodologies.