L3 Open Water Power is a rapidly-growing division of L3 Technologies’ Maritime Sensor Systems. We are pioneering power systems for underwater applications using our novel aluminum-water chemistry. These power systems will revolutionize the deployment and utility of underwater vehicles and sensors.
We are a small company of talented and curious engineers, scientists, and technicians who are focused on bringing our power systems to market. We operate in an agile, exciting, start-up environment supported by the larger L3 organization. Our work involves full design and development, ranging from fundamental science and chemical engineering to the manufacture and assembly of complete systems. We are looking for engaging, hands-on people to join our team. We focus on finding good teammates with a strong work ethic, an ability to share knowledge, and an interest in creative problem solving.
We are seeking a motivated and talented Electrical Engineering Technician to work closely with electrical engineers to help bring our technology out of the lab and into the undersea world. The Electrical Engineering Technician will be responsible for supporting product development efforts including prototype assembly of both electrical and mechanical components, and electrical testing of cells and other battery components. This will require operating basic electrical and manufacturing equipment (soldering iron, hot air station, spot welder, drill, mill, lathe, etc.), and repair of laboratory equipment as required.
- Assisting with assembly and test of electrical systems at the circuit, board, and module level
- Identifying key areas for improvements in product manufacturability
- Developing and testing new prototypes for various electrical and mechanical subsystems
- Researching and recommending infrastructure improvements and equipment purchases to increase product development and testing efficiency
- Solid experience with PCB population, including fine pitch surface mount parts and package sizes as small as 0402
- 3+ years product development and/or assembly experience required
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on skills, with a focus on developing prototypes
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Great communication and interpersonal skills needed to work with a small team
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and other hardware documentation
- Associate’s degree in EE or EE Technology a plus, but not strictly required
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
L-3 Open Water Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
US Security Clearance Required:
Day - 1st (flexibility required)
Division of Maritime Sensor Systems
US Security Clearance Required :
: Day - 1st
: Division - Open Water Power-20103300
: Individual Contributor
: Sep 20, 2018, 3:02:13 PM