The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) offering portfolio pairs leading acquisition and divestiture experience with broad global scale and industry and functional depth. Our Human Capital M&A team renders results that help our clients transform their Human Capital practices in ways that lead to significant savings, a leading edge on competition, and greater efficiency.
Our approach to integration / divestiture planning and execution focuses on identifying potential risks, developing an end-state vision and strategy, and supporting clients to implement maximum value realization opportunities. Our Human Capital M&A team performs activities across the M&A life cycle including:
- Ensuring overall Talent / People / HR strategies are aligned with overall corporate strategic objectives
- Identifying HR, culture, key talent and retention related risks
- Planning for Day 1 readiness and/or managing post-merger integration
- Building support, understanding and advocacy for the creation of the new organization to executive leaders
- Designing organizations that align to the future operating model and preparing to transition the workforce
Work you’ll do
Consultants in Deloitte’s M&A offering portfolio serve as trusted advisors to their clients in both the corporate and private equity space. They lead workstreams as a part of a larger engagement, including managing client relationships. They deliver client engagements that identify, design, and implement Merger & Acquisition services, with a focus on Organization Transformation and HR Strategy & Excellence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Change Management and communications: Assist in the implementation of change management strategies related to M&A. Empowering leaders to lead their people through the transaction, enable managers to support employees, and create an environment that reduces anxiety, minimizes disruptions and fosters enthusiasm for the future. This includes organizational change and impact assessments, creating holistic change management programs, managing stakeholder and employee engagement and delivering effective internal and external communications.
- Cultural Alignment: Understand and assess legacy cultures, define a future-state culture, and develop plans for how to cultivate that culture.
- HR Functional Integration: Lead the integration of HR Functions including HR Systems, Service Delivery, Total Rewards, Payroll, Leadership Development, and Talent Strategies
- Workforce Optimization: Imagine and transform the composition and capabilities of the workforce to match the needs of the future of work in this age of technology disruption. Deliver end-to-end transformations of workforce programs, services and processes to identify, build and incent to drive success of organizations and their workforces. Deliver solutions within each workforce domain: Branding & Acquisition; Rewards & Well-being; Performance, Learning & Career Mobility; Leadership & Teaming; Diversity & Inclusion
- Organization Strategies: Assist in the development of organizational design to enable future-state strategy. This includes supporting the design of combined or separated operating models and the accompanying organizational structures and facilitating the overall workforce transition processes to optimize roles, responsibilities and performance in the future organization.
M&A | Restructuring and Cost Transformation
Our mandate is to enable our clients’ ability to grow, optimize, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position. We do this via M&A, divestiture, and restructuring services from beginning to end. Our Offering enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
Our Human Capital professionals work closely with clients around the world to develop effective and efficient people-centered solutions. Our team helps clients define their talent strategy and align it with their executive business vision using innovative strategic frameworks that enhance HR service delivery models, set the stage for continuously improving operational excellence, and reimagines the HR brand.
New technologies, platforms, processes and systems are meaningless without the capability to leverage them to the fullest. We are often amazed at how much investment is put into new solutions as compared with the time taken to upskill the HR organization itself. After all, it’s the HR professionals who are truly impacting and delivering the customer experience. Working with Deloitte enables you to focus on building the culture and capabilities you need to deliver for the future so that they don’t get stale in the context of today’s ever-evolving business demands.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in a consulting and/or industry role, including change management initiatives, communications development, organizational design and development, HR strategy or operations, and /or talent solutions.
- Experience supporting and/or delivering at least 1 Human Capital M&A project, including restructuring, enterprise cost reduction, due diligence, assessment of transaction risks, target screening, integration planning and execution, and/or post-merger integration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR functions & processes, with experience in one or more of the following areas: HR Strategy, HR Employee Experience, HR Operating Models, HR Mergers & Acquisition (M&A), HR Outsourcing Advisory, Rewards/Compensation, and HR Technology
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- MBA or graduate degree in HR or Organizational Behavior (preferred but not required)
- Experience in HR, Consulting, and/or Corporate Communications.
- Experience supporting workshops, large meetings, or presentations to senior leaders.
- Ability to execute a project plan, managing to deadlines and paying acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and ability to work effectively across teams, levels and varying cultures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS PowerPoint), data analysis (MS Excel, Tableau, or SQL) and report writing.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.