Do you like working in a fast-paced environment and acquiring new skills? At HFA, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. With your hard work comes great rewards such as competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, employee discounts with partners, 401(k) with company match, and much more! Become our newest team member!
PLUS, our Overnight Delivery Drivers will enjoy a 4 days/10 hours work shifts!
- Safely practice driving, operation of delivery trucks, and appropriate methods for lifting and loading product, supplies and equipment.
- Safely operate material handling of equipment and dollies.
- Deliver perishable food products to retail accounts.
- Utilize lift gates, two wheeled trucks and/or pallet jacks.
- Handle product, verify count, and resolve discrepancies.
- Participate in employee safety meetings.
- Participate in periodic and annual staff training in food safety, employee safety and operational programs.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and report preventative maintenance.
- Comply with all applicable OSHA regulations and commercial driving requirements as per State of Hawaii State Department of Transportation.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Experience driving 24-26 ft. straight truck (a plus).
- Complete PUC medical requirements.
- Clean and verifiable driving history.
- Knowledge of local routes around Oahu.
- Experience working in tight spaces.
- Accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, customers, port representatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively via written, oral, and diagram form.
- Experience keeping orderly logs.
- Competitive Pay
- On the Job Training
- Employer Sponsored Healthcare
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid every Friday
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Work hard, play hard! We offer perks such as gym memberships and employee discounts with partnered phone providers
- Support for your educational and career goals
In case you were wondering, here’s a little bit about us: We are a locally owned food distribution company providing service from the West Coast to Hawaii. We provide baked goods, fresh milk, eggs and a variety of quality products to the leading clubs, grocers and retailers throughout the Hawaiian island chain. Join us if you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals!
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial driving: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- DOT Medical Card (Required)
- CDL Class B (Required)