Position Summary: The Fuel Associate (FA) works in support of the Store Management Team to facilitate the completion of Gasoline related tasks. The FA will be expected to ensure fuel safety, customer service and fuel court related tasks are completed with efficiency and consistency. The FA is expected to properly execute all cash management processes, including cash handling, credit card processes and related safety procedures. The FA ensures an exceptional customer experience that supports our vision to become “fast casual to go with world class convenience”.
- Greet customers and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests in a timely manner. Utilize the GREAT customer service model to ensure customer engagement.
- Support and follow all safety & security initiatives.
- Operate the point of sale as per corporate standards and maintain proper cash levels.
- Adhere to the execution of established safety, security, quality and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure the proper execution of all marketing programs.
- Complete gasoline housekeeping functions including; cleaning, dusting, sweeping, and emptying trash.
- Communicate with the management team regarding customer requests, vendor related concerns and other situations that may arise.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by store management.
- Represent the Wawa brand by exemplifying Wawa Core Values.
To perform the essential functions of a Fuel Court Associate, the associate must perform all duties listed below:
Essential Job Duties:
- Follow the process for assisting fuel customers, including greeting driver at kiosk/fuel dispenser and determining need (fuel type, amount, etc), programming fuel dispenser and retrieving pump/nozzle, inserting nozzle into fuel tank and setting to pump, and replacing gas cap on fuel tank when applicable.
- Process cash and credit payments (credit at tank, cash in vestibule at register) and use a cash register to dispense change/receipt at completion of service.
- Collect trash at kiosk area and replace trash liner.
- Wipe down fuel tank, pumps and counters.
- Change fuel price displays on tanks using “toppers”.
- Maintain verbal communication with store personnel via two way radio/headset.
- Continuously throughout the shift: walking, standing, handling, reaching horizontally, grasping firmly and fingering.
- Frequently during the shift: reaching above the shoulder and below the waist.
- Occasionally during their shift: bending, stooping, squatting and pushing.
- Occasionally lifting weights up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently lifting weights of 3-5 lbs.
- Withstand extreme environmental temperatures (hot and cold)
- Complete outdoor housekeeping functions including using outdoor power equipment, cleaning, power washing, sweeping, picking up and emptying trash, shoveling and keeping sidewalks/parking lot safe. Work with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals, salt, spill absorbents, etc.
- Perform a daily check by manually inspecting of breakaway, nozzles, hoses, vapor recovery, spill bucket and other components in the fuel court to ensure safe working conditions. Log information.
- Perform a weekly test of pumps to ensure proper fuel flow. Pumps gas into a container and use a stop watch simultaneously to calculate the speed of flow.
- Perform a weekly check of the hazardous waste drum to ensure proper conditions and levels. Place phone call for replacement of hazardous waste drum as needed. Inspect the tag and gauge on fire extinguishers. Log information.
- Wipe down the fuel area (pumps, trash, valets) with cleaning chemicals. Restock all fuel area supplies and products.
- Replace receipt paper and ensure that credit card payment area has not been tampered with. Log the credit card check daily via computer.
- Inspect and wipe down the air pump with cleaning chemicals.
- Maintain the Fuel and Hazmat closet.
- Clear oil and gas spills in accordance with all safety standards. Properly dispose of hazardous material and documents clean up in gasoline compliance binder when applicable.
- Execute all aspects of the store trash program including emptying exterior cans, compacting, bailing and organizing and maintaining the trash room, totes and/or compound.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, and store operations policies, procedures and practices as outlined in Wawa’s Policy Manual, training materials and other publications.
- Ensure compliance with the corporate signage program. This may include climbing and balancing on a step stool. Provides a pleasant shopping experience for all customers and responds to customer requests in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with store manager regarding facility issues and concerns.
Other Job Duties:
- Wash customers’ windshields using squeegee.
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned by store management
- Lead by example by acting safely at all times and prevent others around you from acting in an unsafe manner.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
- Follow all current safety standards.
- Ensure safe working conditions by maintaining a clean, organized store in accordance to standards.
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 16 years old to be considered for this position
- Reliable transportation
- Experience, skills and abilities consistent with the Wawa core values:
- Value People
- Delight Customers
- Do Things Right
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace Change
- Passion for Winning
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.50 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave