Are you looking for a new opportunity in medicine? Our medical team is in need of a Centralized Scheduler. The Centralized Scheduler will provide scheduling, surgical and financial instructions to patients, while supporting the Physician(s) and enforcing the collection policy and procedures.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Pay: $19 - $22, DOE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
· Provide excellent customer service
· Provide patient appointment and procedure scheduling both on telephone and also with direct patient interaction in office, and scheduling maintenance of surgeries for one or more Physicians.
· Reschedule patient appointments as needed using EMR and Scheduling System.
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, Management Staff, and Physicians.
· Assist with staff scheduling and assist manager as needed.
· Provide surgical instructions, communicate patient financial responsibility
· Demonstrate professionalism in appearance and actions with patients, staff, Physicians and Administrators at all times.
· Maintains confidentiality of patient information
· The Scheduler assures that patients have all information they need so that they will arrive on time and prepared for their procedures and that the hospital has all of the information required to bill properly for its services
· Receives requests to schedule procedures from physician offices and patients and schedules the procedure according to the availability of the various departments
· Provides accurate information so that all departments may view and print the schedule for the appointments daily, and maintains open communication with hospital departments regarding schedule changes
· Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Education:
- High school graduate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly proficiency of computer skills
- EMR/ EHR knowledge preferred
- Ability to Multi-task in busy medical practice
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place