The primary purpose of this position is to provide clerical and administrative support to the Public Safety department. The incumbent will focus on processing security reports and utilizing and maintaining HACP’s camera surveillance system.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Public Safety department, including recordkeeping, document generation, data tracking, follow-up, telephoning, mailing and filing as assigned; identifies administrative needs of the department and develops appropriate solutions and/or recommendations.
- Read security reports on a daily basis and enter information into Public Safety database appropriately. Send out information to relevant HACP staff and recommend or take action when appropriate, following through on all actions until completion.
- Receives incoming calls; determines the identity of the caller and nature of the caller’s business; determines if the call can be handled personally or if the call should be transferred.
- Reviews and exports videos in response to requests from law enforcement, HACP staff, tenants, or subpoena.
- Monitors camera surveillance system for outages and other technical issues and forwards problems to appropriate staff or HACP maintenance contractor.
- Utilizes cameras system to perform quality control audits of HACP security contractors. Documents findings in running logs.
- Ensures that files and filing systems are current, accurate, and neat at all times.
- Suggests changes in forms and procedures and/or devises new forms / procedures to improve the operational efficiency and cost effectiveness of departmental processes.
- Drafts correspondence, technical reports and status reports; ensures documents are consistently formatted and grammatically correct; assists in the preparation of presentations, remarks, and other materials required by the Director.
- Must be flexible for after hour shifts and "on call" assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
An Associate Degree is required for this position, with administrative experience. Surveillance experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and be insurable under the Authority’s plan. Must be or become a resident of the City of Pittsburgh.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment, The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENCY REQUIRED