POSITION: Package Designer/ CAD Operator
Serves as the primary source for computer-aided design (CAD) for Moquin Press, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company drafting
- Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic
- Coordinate filing, storage and retrieval of both manual and electronic
- Maintain, support and operate associated plotters and
- Perform drawing and technology
- Coordinate with designers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal
- Explain drawings to production teams and operations to provide adjustments as necessary. Interpret
- Review completed production drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Create and manufacture dimensionally accurate samples for presentation- revise, and archive sample drawings.
- Must be able to translate literal requests into dimensional pieces, via a current CAD system-generate die lines, create files to be integrated w/CS, InDesign into final files.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Familiarity with, and understanding of engineering concepts and terminology is important. Must have working knowledge of CAD standards, PC application software and drafting/engineering practices and methods. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, current version of Auto CAD and/or Micro station, Excel and MS Office is required. This position requires a valid driver’s license, Background Check and the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma is required. Post-secondary and/or technical school education is highly desirable with a minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible drafting and/or construction-related CAD experience with emphasis on electrical and/or civil disciplines.
Job Type: Full-time