Exceptional People. Extraordinary Careers.
Mount Sinai Doctors Long Island has been serving the Huntington community since 1945. We began with 3 physicians, the first board certified physicians in Suffolk County. Today we have over 75 physicians in 20 specialties who continue the Group’s tradition of quality of care. We have additional offices in Commack, Nesconset and Bay Shore. In 1995, the Group became part of the Mount Sinai Health System. It now has access to Mount Sinai’s vast referral network and latest treatment options.
We are currently seeking Full Time/Part Time & Per-diem Patient Service Representatives (varied hours).
Job Summary: The Patient Service Representative provides front line contact as a patient liaison within the access/call center, check-in/check-out, appointment scheduler, triage, prior authorizations and referrals and neighborhood administrative and physician support. The Patient Service Representative , possesses a commitment to excellence in the development of knowledge, skills, and quality patient-focused service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides front line contact for the department/neighborhood by answering telephones, directing and responding to callers, relaying messages to appropriate recipients and greeting patients and visitors with the highest level of customer service
- Provides clerical and administrative support to physicians and is a liaison between departments.
- Helps direct patients to appropriate setting and facilitates patient flow.
- May schedule appointments for a multi-specialty group, and have a working knowledge of providers, understanding systems, processes, and services rendered.
- Ensures patients are prepared for their appointment by informing the caller of items to bring to their appointment and of the appropriate practice policies.
- Possesses an understanding of when to escalate calls to a supervisor.
- Answers the telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner to meet Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Doctors Long Island customer service standard of excellence.
- May check patients in or out, collect co-pays, scan insurance cards and ensure other required documents are reviewed and signed.
- May schedule radiology testing/procedures in EIDX, EPIC and RIS according to department guidelines.
- May schedule and confirm testing, surgeries and procedures according to department guidelines.
- Ensures all documents are appropriately documented and maintained in the electronic medical record; scanning op reports, test results, home care and any other forms.
- May schedule and maintain calendar for meetings and/or appointments.
- May instruct patients and assist them in navigating MyChart.
- May acquire insurance pre-authorization/referrals from managed care plans for all required services, admissions, procedures, diagnostic tests and medications.
- Notifies Administrator, Director of Revenue Cycle, Practice Manager or Supervisor of any particular insurance issues or updates.
- May provide coverage for other staff as assigned during PTO or leaves of absence.
- May enter telephone encounters into the electronic medical record (EMR) system through the use of the appropriate Epic Smart Text.
- May enter auto faxes received from Pharmacies for medication requests via telephone encounters into the electronic medical record (EMR) system through the use of the appropriate Epic Smart Text.
- May open, sort and prioritize mail. Coordinates pickup and delivery of packages, orders and other materials as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to meet quality assurance requirements and other qualitative / quantitative key performance metrics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Some college preferred
0-2 years’ experience in a physician practice or hospital setting providing administrative support functions, with comfort level in patient interaction and having an understanding of maintaining patient confidentiality. Computer experience intermediate. EPIC and IDX a plus.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining the most skilled and caring professionals for our patients. We are offering an excellent benefits package.
Mount Sinai Doctors Long Island is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time