- Work in a truly cross-functional product environment where you will be empowered to solve hard problems
- Help to define and embody a product design practice within a growing product team
- The chance to interact directly with customers so that you can identify and deliver solutions that are meaningful
- Develop your own skills and knowledge in an environment that will challenge you to use different design methods to address different problems
Complion is looking for a positive, take-charge individual to join our growing team as a Product Designer. In this role, you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to lead the design and creation of a cohesive look, flow and overall user experience of our software products.
Candidates must be driven by aesthetic details and user interaction. Responsibilities will include immediate and far-reaching design decisions that will be seen and used by customers every day. Candidates must have exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, excellent judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
At Complion we don’t believe in dogmatically following any one process to build a great product and company. Instead, we believe that working together, having a diversity of ideas, being dedicated, and enjoying the process, is the path for us to come together as a team to discover and define the right path for us as we move forward.
- Impact: We are building a product that impacts the lives of people who participate in clinical trials as patients.
- Clients: Work with a range of companies, from Clinical Research Sites to large Academic Medical Centers.
- HR Benefits: A competitive health plan and self-directed 401K with match, generous PTO policy, and regular fun team events.
- Office: Enjoy the open-space environment, the downtown location and views, and the exciting potential to get hit by a flying nerf projectile.
Are you ready to embark on a journey with challenges as well as breakthrough opportunities personally and as a team? To design our unique value proposition with customers?
While we have previously won “Startup of the Year” and then “Best Growth”, Complion is now positioned to accelerate our first-to-market move into high gear. This position offers you a unique opportunity and a high degree of ownership. You will continue to learn and grow into an expert in an entirely new enterprise product and market. We have significant traction and are primed for more success in a highly evolving market.
Clinical research is expanding rapidly and is one of the most regulated industries. Today, the vast majority of hospitals and medical centers use physical paper binders and internal network drives to manage their regulatory documents and processes resulting in a tremendous burden and risk. Complion was first in providing an eRegulatory and document software to help hospitals and medical centers replace fragmented processes to provide every patient with access to the innovative care they demand.
You are a highly motivated, self-directed, consultative, Product Design professional with 2 or more years of SaaS experience working on understanding real customer problems and delivering solutions that change the way people work (or behave) for the better.
You will report directly to the Director of Product and work closely within cross-functional team settings to help customers accomplish important jobs in more effective ways.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Product Manager as we discover the right solutions for problems that are worth solving
- Build prototypes of varying degrees of fidelity (from low-fi paper and whiteboard to prototypes to high-fidelity clickable prototypes) to reduce risk and improve confidence in the problems we believe are worth solving and in our approach to solving them
- Work with developers to deliver, track, measure, and optimize user interfaces and experiences that help customers achieve desired outcomes
- Create wireframes, mockups, interaction and process diagrams, personas, user flows, screen designs and interaction models to improve the clarity of the solutions we build
Qualifications and Requirements
- Have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- Experience designing mobile apps, software, and products
- Strong portfolio of previous work
- Ability to effectively obtain design project requirements and understand expectations
- Willingness to participate in design pairing and daily critiques
- Experience with applications for prototyping, wireframing, high fidelity mockups, and the creation of design assets
- Experience with front-end web technologies (you won’t be asked to do any production-ready coding)
- Ability to present cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience
- Exceptional collaborative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with changing job requirements as the company and team grows
- 2+ years of professional web and/or mobile design experience
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- Experience with Marvel, Figma, InVision or similar for creating interactive prototypes to better understand UX flows
Complion offers the right candidate an exciting and fun opportunity to impact our fast-moving, entrepreneurial, and accountable culture. Please submit your qualifications along with 2-3 thoughtful paragraphs in the email body articulating why you feel you are the right fit for our team and want to accelerate your career here.
Job Type: Full-time
- professional web and/or mobile design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity