Northern Light A.R. Gould
Department: Nursing and Clinical Education
Position is located: Northern Light A.R. Gould Hospital
Work Type: Part Time Ineligible
Work Schedule: 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
The Clinical Educator is responsible for assisting with the development & execution of educational programs and orientation of clinical personnel. The incumbent will orchestrate these programs based on organizational priorities and will work in close collaboration with interdisciplinary colleagues to design and implement evidence based programs to support these priorities. The Clinical Educator is accountable for competency assessment and practice initiative that supports clinical and professional excellence within the nursing community of A.R. Gould Hospital . The educator collaborates and serves on advisory committees of local universities and colleges. The educator collaborates with the Schools of nursing to support clinical and internship experiences of student nurses.
- Works collaboratively with clinical leaders and the Professional Development Council to conduct annual educational needs assessment for clinical employees.
- Collaborate with managers, directors, the VP/CNO of Patient Care Services, Academic agencies, and other disciplines to plan, implement and evaluate continuing education programs.
- Assists in the placement of nursing and medical assistant students from various universities, colleges, and training programs and facilitates the orientation of nursing and medical assistant students and new clinical preceptors.
- Integrates or provides research into developing and teaching educational programs.
- Evaluates overall educational program effectiveness.
- Provides input into department annual budget and demonstrates stewardship of financial resources.
- Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of profession and participates in continuing education.
- Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
- Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).