The Operations Support. Financial analyst role reports to the Operations Support Director for GLAC and Hub and is responsible for providing operational support and assistance to the Marketing function in the execution of a select set of routine transactions and projects with merchants, clients and vendors, in line with established policies and procedures.
The Financial Analyst acts as a key representative from the Controllership Group, will work with cross-functional control groups (Compliance, Legal, Client Contract Management, and Continuous Control Monitoring) in building a strong control environment in the country, and will perform a critical role in the identification, reporting and remediation of policies deviations.
- Ensure a strong knowledge of policies and procedures such as VIK, Prepayments, T&E, Sourcing, Anti-Bribery, Global Sponsorship and Key Controls.
- Execute a select set of routine transactions in accordance with Visa Policies and Procedures including but not limited to:
o Purchase Requisitions
o Supplier Risk assessment form set up
o Purchase Order Management, working closely with marketing managers
o Project Closure (receiving, third party reconciliation review, purchase order closing)
o Registration of events in the CVENT system
o Suppliers and Business Partner payment reconciliation
o Merchandize and Gift Inventory Management
o Revision of commercial terms on standard contract templates, liaison with legal team as applicable
- Manage project pipeline to track end-to-end execution of transactions in line with established policies and procedures.
- Manage Pre-approvals (influencer, blogger, gifts, external speaking event)
- Advise various business functions on policies and procedures in the market act as “subject matter expert”, specifically for high-risk transactions.
- Ensure VIK projects meet established compliance requirements and approvals prior to roll out phase. And are executed in line with approved terms and conditions.
o Proper classification and program entry/submission in Playbook (Salesforce)
o Supporting Documentation Review
o Project Closure in accordance with contract terms
o Use of third party suppliers
o VIK Receipt documentation
- Ensure prepayments are aligned with procedure requirements, while ensuring business functions practice sound financial stewardship practices
o Coordinate with market Controller (payment to customers) and Sourcing (payment to vendors) to ensure upfront payments are limited and have proper justifications to support an advance payment
o Support the tracking and monitoring process to avoid unutilized funds
- Provide oversight to Operations Support GLAC/Hub Director and Market Controller on non-compliance issues
o Ensure timely self-reporting of incidents and non-compliance actions
o Demonstrate good judgement in determining when to escalate to the GLAC Director or Controller on non-compliance issues and deviations
- Play key role in the remediation of issues and compliance related matters promptly to avoid recurrent deviations
o Develop/Manage staff training one existing policies and procedures as well as updates in conjunction with policy owners and applicable control function(s)
o Customize training materials to ensure relevance to local operations
- Assist Financial Internal Controls (FIC) team in the execution of the continuous control monitoring program in the market; Qualifications
A Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is preferred;
Three to Seven years of relevant work experience
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
Ability to contribute new ideas and solutions for current processes and to address business challenges
Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system
Experience with Salesforce.com
Experience in applying principles of revenue recognition
Must be comfortable working with a heavy volume of data
Detail-oriented, self-starter, with proven ability to work independently and in a cross-functional environment with minimal supervision
Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines and accustom to a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment to drive results
Strong organizational and project management skills; abilities to plan, organize, and adapt within a multi-tasking environment, requiring simultaneous management of multiple issues and projects
Self-motivated and be willing to utilize and learn new technology to solve problems
Strong skills in MS Excel; proficient with MS Word and Power Point; knowledge of databases beneficial
Good written and verbal communication skills
Experience working in an e-commerce environment with an
understanding of payment industry is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.