Stepan Company is a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals headquartered in Northfield, Illinois United States and located throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1932, we provide innovative chemical solutions for a cleaner, healthier, more energy efficient world.
As an application chemist in the Lipid Nutrition Business at Stepan, you will be responsible for working collaboratively in a team environment to drive internal and customer projects to completion. In this role, you will be responsible for executing projects and assignments, analyzing data generated as part of that project and presenting the results of your work internally and externally.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Independently develops general plan for nutrition projects; reviews proposed plan with sales & technical and then independently executes the plan for each project.
- Member of Specialty Products Operating Committee representing the research and development team.
- Analyze customer, market and project data; draw conclusions and makes suggestions for future action
- Provide technical advice & counsel to existing and potential customers for both existing and developmental products. Able to provide supervision to laboratory staff in support of customer & internal projects
- Developing reputation as a technical expert for the company - become the face to the industry at technical and industry forums.
- Solicit support for process improvement ideas from the supervisor and WG and then executes the improvement along with the WG.
- Work with the process chemist to support the scale up, commercialization and roll out of new products for the Lipid Nutrition Business
- Support the Lipid Nutrition sales, distribution and technical services team members to address formulation and application questions to help promote top line sales growth for the business.
- BS degree chemistry or similar field with 4-8 years experience, or MS degree in chemistry or similar field.
- Food industry experience required
- Strong organizational, people and communication skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel with sales representatives and attend trade shows and industry forums
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $101,000.00 /year
- chemist in food industry: 3 years (Required)
- supporting customers: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement