About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Applies advanced knowledge of high volume, continuous manufacturing processes and equipment to maximize safety, throughput, uptime, and product quality. Drives continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and process innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring high volume, continuous manufacturing processes operate safely and efficiently.
- Applies lean manufacturing techniques to drive improvements in overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Defines and documents appropriate preventative maintenance procedures for production equipment.
- Trains and supervises plant maintenance technicians to keep equipment in excellent condition.
- Ensures adequate spare parts availability for critical components.
- Lead continuous improvement projects, working with team leaders and production supervisors to create a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Prepares work instructions to communicate the proper set-up and operation of manufacturing processes to produce products which meet customer requirements.
- Tracks and reports continuous improvement project results on a monthly basis.
- Prepares reports summarizing manufacturing performance.
- Manages new product transfer into production, working with the design and manufacturing teams to insure that our processes are capable of meeting customer requirements.
- Interacts with customers, account managers, manufacturing personnel, vendors and team members as necessary to satisfy project requirements.
Education / Experience:
- BS in engineering or relevant discipline and 10+ years in manufacturing engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience maintaining and improving high volume, continuous manufacturing lines is preferred.
- Prior experience supervising skilled labor employees, preferably engineers, engineering technicians, maintenance technicians, or the equivalent.
- Must have a proven track record in applying lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement manufacturing methodologies. Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
- Proven track record applying statistical analysis to develop and control processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Electromechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems knowledge and troubleshooting experience preferred.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Type: Full-time