Summary: Responsible for assisting in managing the financial affairs of group of related Multi-Employer (Taft-Hartley) Benefit Funds; a thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for Multi-Employer (Taft-Hartley) Benefit Funds is required. Prepares financial analyses including interim and final financial statements. Maintains supervision over general accounting. The position reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts BEST Plus Training
- Develops, analyzes, and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of net assets available for benefits, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Assists with the management of the Funds’ financial plans, policies and accounting practices.
- Supervises Accounting Department Staff i.e Senior Accountant, Staff Accountant, and Analyst. Evaluates the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department; recommends training requirements; recommends personnel to be hired or terminated from the department.
- Maintains the Funds’ system of accounts and keeps books and records on all transactions and assets based on monthly and yearly closing schedules.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and the Funds.
- Oversees Cash Management.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and year-end Financial Statement preparation and review of Work Papers supporting the statements.
- Maintains the library of AccPac Financial Statements, updating and modifying as necessary.
- Maintains General Ledger.
- Review bank reconciliation, investment analysis, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, assets, accruals, lease obligations, and administrative expenses.
- Performing any other relevant, related or pertinent work or duties as requested or assigned by the Controller.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy
- Responsible for managing system hardware and software applications
- Provide technical systems support to company owned locations and franchisees
- Development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow
- Development of system controls to ensure data integrity
- Point person for troubleshooting system issues
- Liaison with point-of-sale, accounting software, and other system vendors and consultants
- Serve as project manager for any system implementation or upgrades
- Assist the Controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Assist in special projects as necessary
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing workflow to meet critical deadlines while paying exceptionally close attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, think strategically and collaborate with others
- Dynamic fast learner who is highly organized, analytical and detail oriented
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with internal and external contacts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while being able to innovate and solve problems
- Outlook, Excel, Word, Accounting Software i.e. AccPac, and ADP payroll systems
Education and/or Experience:
Master's degree (M.B.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Speak, read, write and understand English
Reasoning Ability: High
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)