PROGRAM: Community Mental Health Center/Private Provider
Mississippi Behavioral Health Services, LLC
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Support Services; Clinical Manager
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Community Support Services,Clinical Manager (LMHP);
Case Manager; Psychiatrist
- Provides individual Community Support Services(CSS) services in the community.
- Assists clients in developing goals for treatment within the first 30 days of service.
- Assists clients in restoring, rehabilitating, and developing social and interpersonal skills.
- Identify, enhance, and establish support networks, community awareness, coping strategies, and improve functioning in the individual’s social environments (home, work, school).
- Help restore, rehabilitate, and support the development of daily living skills.
- Help improve each client’s self-management of the negative effects of psychiatric or emotional symptoms.
- Assists clients in identifying, effectively responding to or avoiding identified precursors (“triggers”) that lead to functional impairments.
- Help implement Crisis Management Plan on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with Mississippi Behavioral Health Services staff, other agencies or community and natural supports as needed.
- Provide Crisis Intervention services to recipients as needed according to agency policies, procedures, and service definitions.
- Communicate client’s status on a regular basis, including, but not limited to changes in mood or functioning, medical issues and all crisis and health and safety issues.
- Be knowledgeable of and adept at producing effective, clinical documentation of every contact with recipient.
- Turning in notes on time according to policy. Document all “no shows,” and communicate all difficulties contacting clients with appropriate office staff.
- Be able, or willing to learn, to use computer interface to complete documentation for billing or other purposes as needed.
- Attend all office trainings as well as regular clinical supervision sessions with Clinical Manager and/or Case Manager.
- Document services provided regularly, concisely, and completely in accordance with clinical standards by office deadline.
- Return phone calls promptly
- Follow all safety rules
- Has a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in a mental health related field; or
- Is Credentialed as a Community Support Specialist by the Mississippi Department of Mental Health
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
Communication method(s) used: