Forward-thinking and ambitious architecture firm seeking a design focused and talented Project Architect/Designer to join our team.
Role Description & Details:
- Autonomous design role
- Ability to manage projects and support and mentor staff
- Experience: 7+ Years
- Salary Range is $80,000-$120,000
- Benefits include paid vacation, sick time, seven paid holidays, health insurance contribution, 401K plan with firm contribution, professional development stipend and discretionary bonuses
- This position is full-time in our San Francisco financial district office, 1 block from BART
The Project Architect role is one of design, leadership, and a continual refinement of all your talents as a well-rounded architectural professional. This opportunity will include the ability to lead the design vision for a project, mentor junior staff members as they progress in their careers, contribute meaningfully to the success and growth of the firm, and guide your own professional development and interests through our continuing education benefits.
The Project Architect is a key component to the success of every project. You will be afforded a high degree of autonomy to work with clients to establish and understand their goals, set a design direction that addresses those goals in a meaningful way, lead a team of talented and ambitious junior architects in executing a vision through on-going mentoring and fostering development, and manage to the financial success of your projects.
You will be working on projects where the successful application of your design and management talents will enrich the lives of all manner of people: vulnerable patient populations, health-conscious foodies, office workers seeking maximum productivity, home owners looking to improve their lifestyle, and entrepreneurs seeking to create meaningful customer experiences.
The skills we expect the Project Architect to consistently practice and refine include:
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Ability to inspire and lead a team of junior architects in the execution of a design vision
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage time and resources
- Strong technical skills and an ability to oversee the production of construction documents in an accurate, complete and timely manner
- Superior interpersonal and written English communication skills
- Software proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
- An understanding of the office systems, standards and best practices
- You thrive with autonomy and self-directed work. You understand how and when to delegate and in busy times you can triage work effectively and set expectations appropriately. In less busy times you can create ways for yourself and others to be productive on behalf of the team. You understand what it means to make a difference.
- You have a natural desire to do things right. You don’t need or want external motivators.
- You strive to communicate clearly and effectively with others. You recognize when details are left vague and you seek to clarify.
- You volunteer yourself when you see others need assistance.
- You put the interests of the client and the team first.
- You are pleasant to work with. You add to each interaction.
- You make and keep commitments.
- You have a passion for mentoring junior staff through sharing your knowledge, skillset and expertise.
- You support others, not by waiting to be directed but through a deep understanding of how the firm works and what it takes for everything to work well together.
Your daily focus is to make those around you even more successful.
Requirements for application:
- A degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture
We are a 20-person firm with offices in San Francisco and New York. We enthusiastically apply our talent, ambition and knack for innovation to help our clients achieve their goals, and in so doing we know we are fulfilling our purpose. We look at how we can grow as individuals and how to apply our talents in service of client and firm. We think holistically about the progress of our firm and we invest every day in our shared success.
We offer employees comprehensive experience to multiple project, client and construction types, as well as all phases of design and construction. We do this to afford broad exposure to the many facets of the profession and allow our architects to develop mastery of a variety of skills. When employees naturally gravitate to one project type or another, we support a concentration in the desired area and continued growth in that selected field of expertise.
Ultimately, it is our intention to grow our firm and to fulfill our purpose as individuals and as a firm of creating meaningful architecture that positively impacts the inhabitants’ lives. We know that we can accomplish things as a team that we can’t as individuals.
Our Guiding Values:
Relationships are everything. We go out of our way to support one another within the firm and know we can accomplish more as a team than as individuals. We seek to provide our clients with the very best service we can imagine. Not only is the project important to us, our ongoing relationship with each other and our clients is important to us.
Blue collar/white collar. While we provide the very best white-collar professional services, we have a blue-collar approach to the work. We aren’t afraid of hard work or difficult challenges, and if something needs to get done any of us will do it. The approach to the work goes hand-in-hand with the quality of the work.
We are a meritocracy. We look for talented people who share our vision and values and provide ample opportunities for individual challenges and growth while working in service of the client and firm.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume along with examples of your work in PDF format (10MB maximum). Place “Project Architect - SF” in the subject line of your email.