Comprehensive Early Autism Services (CEAS) provides therapy in the home, school, and community for children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. Our program is based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
We are currently looking for Behavior Technicians to work 1:1 with children (ages 2-10) in a highly individualized and supportive environment. The duties and responsibilities of the Behavior Technician include:
- Working with the child in a number of skill areas, such as conversation skills, fine/gross motor skills, self- help skills, and pre-academic skills.
- Integrating the child's family into therapy sessions.
- Data collection and making data-based decisions.
- Learning strategies and procedures to teach children with developmental delays.
- Attending team meetings and coordinating with a team of therapists.
- Traveling to the home of each client on the therapist's case load.
Working with CEAS provides an opportunity for personal and career growth. Behavior Technicians with CEAS advance their communication, professional, and therapeutic skills, while working individually and alongside a team of therapists. Strong candidates will be able to display a commitment to helping children achieve their highest potential.
Beyond the rewarding experience of motivating and inspiring children through ABA therapy, benefits for Behavior Technicians include health Insurance options for full time employees, compensated drive time, and a 401k Retirement Savings Plan. Our experienced BCBAs also offer BCBA, BCaBA, and RBT supervision.
This position requires a car and a willingness to travel within the greater Detroit/Ann Arbor areas
A Bachelors degree or pursuit of a Bachelors degree in psychology, education, child development, or a related field
Experience with young children or individuals with disabilities
All employees must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds and the ability to move easily from a seated position. (Behavioral Therapists working in homes spend 80% of the time sitting on the floor with their clients).
Full and part-time hours are available.