Are you looking for a position that offers advancement opportunities, great benefits and recognition for a job well done? Join MAPFRE Insurance!
MAPFRE Insurance is a forward thinking insurance company offering friendly service from over 2,000 professionals focused on taking care of you and your family. For decades, MAPFRE Insurance has been protecting families and their possessions with quality insurance coverage and a strong commitment to service excellence.
Middleware Architect (Systems Program Architect)
Consult with the management of Information Technology, business, development and Information Security teams to assure application of computing principles is in keeping with existing technology strategies and architecture for MAPFRE Insurance. Work with new technologies, operating platforms and application systems, supporting introduction by IT and business team members across the organization. Architect, develop and implement computing platforms that meet requirements for performance and integration. Provide guidance for junior team members in implementation standards and procedures, technology capabilities and architectural adherence. Prepare and present architectural guidelines and presentations for senior IT management and business personnel.
Bachelor's Degree or professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, or equivalent, related experience.
6 - 8 years - or Associates Degree equivalent plus 8 or more years.
Advanced knowledge of practices within field. Integrates and evaluates new advancements in industry, concepts, techniques and standards to contribute to successful business results. Considered an expert in the field within the organization.
Makes decisions using broad management limits. Applies guidelines and procedures that leave considerable room for discretion and interpretation. Decisions directly influence project, client relationships and or expenditures. Additionally, decisions exert some influence on organization's long-range goals and objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignments.
Works independently under general supervision. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy in meeting objectives.
Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff as needed. Takes a lead role in group, team or project.
Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement:
Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of innovation. Ensures that solutions are effective in meeting organizational objectives. Questions problem definition to address underlying issues.
Manages internal and external relationships. Represents organization as prime contact for projects and other necessary communications. Interaction may include senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring complex coordination between organizations. Communication involves persuasion and negotiation, as applicable. Seeks ways of improving client service.
Four-year degree or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree and/or additional education and training beyond a bachelor’s desired.
- Linux Red Hat Operating system background required
- Experience communicating with Oracle databases
- Strong background in WebSphere ND; Tomcat; Webmethods; Apache; IHS
- Strong background in TCP/IP networking; Active Directory, Load balancers(F5); Network Tracing(Wireshark)
- Skilled in various monitoring systems, such as CA-Introscope; CA-Spectrum; CA-Runscope; CA-Precision Gateway Monitor; Splunk
- Strong background in scripting languages such as Python; Jython; Bash
- Strong background in Java
- Strong background in Dev Ops; Automation;
- Background in Microservices architecture
- Service architecture and containerization, such as Docker preferred
- Continuous integration/Deployment such as Jenkins
- Have had prior success in working in an agile environment
- Evangelize DevOps technologies, methodology and workflows and actively work for their adoption, by providing coaching, training, documentation, advice, and hands on support.
- Background in NodeJS and AngularJS
- Background with SOLR/Zookeeper configurations
- Background with RabbitMQ
- Business continuity, availability and disaster recovery background
- Demonstrated design, analysis, construction and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative, coaching, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate objectives orally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and collaboratively as a team leader or member; ability to create and implement detailed action plans.
- Ability to manage and prioritize complex, changing workloads in a challenging technical environment.
- Capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies and apply that knowledge to current efforts and plans.
- Demonstrated flexibility and capacity for creative thinking.
If you require an accommodation for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, you are encouraged to contact the MAPFRE Insurance Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.