The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
The Warehouse Implementation Engineer will assist management in leading the warehouse in all operational disciplines and ensure operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
- To coordinate the implementation for GKA, GSA, GTA, and SME accounts through the test phase (trial shipments), go live production, up to the point where all parties are satisfied with the operational structure in place (evaluation phase).
- Liaise with the Panalpina Account Managers and customer to confirm expectations, timelines and ownership based on the needs assessment and what was agreed upon (sold).
- Develop detailed implementation plans based on the awarded contractual agreements.
- Setup and manage cross functional project teams based on the contract requirements.
- Assist internal Applications Consultants (APCO) with establishing systems requirements and coordinate systems integration between the customer and Panalpina where required.
- Guarantee the establishment of SOP’s and ensure that Panalpina’s offices/agents understand the account’s requirements/expectations and follow-up with appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Create flowcharts and contact lists that clearly show ownership and escalation paths.
- Identify and support the development of metrics/measurement tools according to the customer’s requirements and Panalpina’s capabilities.
- Ensure that business impacts of the project are properly managed and communicated to the key account stakeholders.
- Provide a handover and closing report at the end of each account implementation project detailing what worked well and what did not. The report will also contain recommendations for future improvements in the overall process (Exit report) including having the customer complete a Customer Survey.
- Support post-go live operations as required by the customer or Panalpina.
- Review procedures of existing accounts in order to identify & recommend opportunities for business and process optimization.
- Assist in the analysis of operational processes and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate and support operational projects as assigned by the Country Head of Logistics, USA.
- Adhere to all PanConcept Implementation processes & be Audit ready at all times with regard to mandatory implementation project documentation.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
- Degree in logistics, process engineering or economics / business administration
- Logistics operational knowledge (Customer Service, Document Processing Exp & Imp, Customs Clearance Import and Procurement)
- Excellent organization, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to understand and analyze customer and operational challenged and design solutions
- Ability to manage cross-functional interfaces (Sales, KAM, Product and ISPs)
- Strong Decision-making capabilities and high accountability
- High result orientation and customer focus
- Strong problem solving skills (Analyzing Referrals / Creative Thinking)
- Ability to integrate and coordinate efforts/resources across functions and boundaries
- Strong in network and relationship building
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability and motivation to deliver results in a complex environment with many stakeholders
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com