TIC - The Industrial Company is a direct-hire, heavy industrial contractor providing world-class construction expertise in the areas of Power, Mining/Minerals Processing, Oil/Gas/Chemical, Renewable Energy, and Food & Beverage. Our financial stability, broad range of specialized capabilities and outstanding performance record make TIC the contractor of choice for heavy industrial construction. Our unique company culture of craft professionals who are Powered by People©, include an outstanding safety environment where “Nobody Gets Hurt”, with mutually developed career plans for your success. We have a work hard, play hard attitude and meaningful involvement in local communities.
TIC Is Currently Seeking A Rig Welder
Plan, lay-out, weld, install, test and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with applicable plans, specifications, welding codes and industry standards. Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervision.
1. Use effective verbal and written communication skills. Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions rapidly and accurately.
2. Plan, diagram and lay-out for pipe welder's work.
3. Read and understand plans and specifications, including diagrams, prints, orthographic and isometric drawings and visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
4. With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications and plan, lay-out, install and/or repair all types of pipe in accordance with those plans and specifications.
5. Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
6. Inspect subordinate's work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
7. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
8. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
9. Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
10. Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
11. Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Full range of motion and flexibility.
12. Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
13. Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
14. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
15. Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens).
16. Use appropriate hand (i.e. wrap around, files) and power tools (i.e. cutting torch, pipe beveler) to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products; install supports, valves and other control equipment; test installed piping systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications; must be familiar with properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques; bolts, clamps or welds parts to secure in position for welding; weld components according to specific process and code; and install all other items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
17. Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner.
18. Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
19. Be motivated and work productively.
19. Perform all other job-related duties as requested by supervisor.
1. Perform all other actions necessary to accomplish the foregoing essential job functions.
2. Coordinate with other crafts and co-workers in or away from your immediate work area.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Education, Experience or Formal Training:
- Must have working knowledge of various welding codes and specifications.
- Must have all necessary tools (see Pipe Welder tool list).
- Ability to work in conditions common to a construction site including but not limited to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, noise.
- Ability to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work up to a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Climb and maintain balance on formwork, steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Possess full range of motion and flexibility.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, veterans and the disabled to apply.