Minghua USA Inc., a division of Jiangnan Mold Plastics Technology Corporation, is located in Greer, SC. One of the largest suppliers of plastic mold parts in China's automotive industry, Jiangnan Mold Plastic Technology Corporation specializes in the development, manufacturing and sales of plastic products and hi-tech molds. The company manufactures a variety of parts and products for original equipment manufacturers and tier one suppliers in the automotive industry.
Minghua USA, Inc. is looking for a Materials Buyer who will be responsible for the purchase of material for advanced projects, new projects and running production. This position will have the responsibility to buy all localized parts as well as to challenge existing part/tooling setup for imported material.
Key deliverables include driving the right supplier quality, cost and timing for new vehicle programs, cost efficiency, managing supply base, risk management and commodity strategies etc. We work closely with Europe and China Purchasing, R&D, manufacturing, quality and other stakeholders. This position is to work with plant leadership to reduce costs and remove non-value added material from productions lines.
- Map, evaluate and establish US supply base regarding relevant commodities in for localization in close cooperation with China organizations.
- Setup agreements and source for local content.
- Drive localization business case investigations and execution.
- Lead negotiations at an optimal cost level.
- Serve as the main contact for all commercial issues towards the suppliers.
- Issue RFQ, Purchase Order and running changes.
- Act on design changes within the projects.
- Participate with Global Purchasing team, discussing strategy and projects to align with the success of the department locally and globally.
- Bachelor's degree in a supply chain, Engineering, or manufacturing related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in a Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer.
- Project management skills and experience required.
- Automotive purchasing experience is required, 3 – 5 years.
- Experience with plastic injection molding preferred.
- Computer skills (MS Office and especially Excel).
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and related systems and processes.
- Strong negotiation skills and continuously looking for commercial opportunities.
- Understand the purchasing elements and optimize the business in the best interest of the company.
- Strong cooperation and communication skills to create challenge with respect both, internally and externally.
- Strong organizational and data management skills.
- Understanding of automotive manufacturing process and costs preferred.
- Experience working with non-U.S. based customers/suppliers preferred.
- Positive mindset.
- Ability to independently drive and complete tasks.
- Strategic understanding and thinking.
- Analytical skills, Results-oriented.
- Honest person with integrity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Tier 1 auotmotive: 2 years (Required)
- Purchasing: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift