SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SPACEPORT HOUSEKEEPER LEAD
- Provide the highest quality of service to Starbase guest and residents at all times and anticipate and exceed their expectations
- Supervise Housekeeping staff including Housekeepers, Laundry Attendants, and support staff
- Oversee department in absence of Spaceport Specialist
- Complete weekly inventory and ordering.
- Ensure that all Housekeeping employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniform including SpaceX badge, gloves and goggle.
- Capable of performing all Housekeeping hourly functions and operating all equipment in department
- Assist in training new employees and cross-training existing employees
- Assist in interviewing and hiring new employees for the department
- Train employees on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis
- Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers at all times
- Promote teamwork, employee morale, and recognize employee successes consistently
- Maintain knowledge of Starbase property, Starbase employees, Starbase services and their hours of operation
- Inspect room, homes and Airstreams, public areas, and roads arounds Starbase on a daily basis to ensure cleanliness standards and that al sleeping accommodations are ready for check in. Keep pace with rooms inspections to have no waits
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of linen room, laundry area, lost and found, storage rooms, and Housekeeping vehicles
- Reporting and tracking facilities issues or defects on site or in rooms.
- Assist in cleaning rooms, homes, Airstreams and laundry, if needed
- Monitor cleanliness of Starbase including parking lots, exterior parks, streets and sidewalks
- Perform opening and closing shift duties. Conduct daily morning meeting with Housekeeping team to make sure they received accurate information
- Answer general questions from guests/residents
- Protecting and maintaining cleaning equipment and reporting any damage Spaceport team
- Ensuring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Practice safety standards always and keep the property safe for guests and fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of housekeeping operations experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience and knowledge of cleaning procedures, practices and handling of chemicals
- Knowledge of customer service and problem resolution
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, supervisor and manager
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic directions
- Ability to manage your time efficiently
- Work well unsupervised
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Available to work overtime
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime, holidays, and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level 3: $23.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Level 4: $26.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Level 5: $29.00 - $33.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.