Technology (Platform Engineering)
Salt Lake City, UT or Remote
Approximately 25% (depending on where you live), US
About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst has been named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology ( http://fortune.com/2017/01/17/best-workplaces-tech/ )by Fortune Magazine and a winner of Gallup Great Workplace award ( https://www.gallup.com/workplace/236117/organizations-create-exceptional-workplaces.aspx ). Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS ( https://klasresearch.com/report/2018-best-in-klas-software-and-services/1253 ) and, for the sixth year in a row, was named to the Best Places to Work in Healthcare ( http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20180512/INFO/305129954/best-places-to-work-in-healthcare-2018-alphabetical-list ) list by Modern Healthcare. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai ( http://healthcare.ai/ ).
Health Catalyst's platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children's Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values ( https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values ).
The Health Catalyst Data Operating System ( https://www.healthcatalyst.com/product/health-catalyst-data-operating-system ) is a data-first healthcare analytic application development platform. DOS enables healthcare organizations to process both real-time and batch data, integrate AI and SQL, and create, find and reuse healthcare content like populations, measures, value sets etc. DOS is built on a foundation of RESTful APIs that organizations can use to build data-first applications to solve healthcare's most difficult problems.
The developer advocate will serve as a guide to other developers who want to build applications on DOS. The developer advocate will be the voice of the developer for DOS and will build and foster community around DOS. Internally, the developer advocate will influence product direction and argue for features that boost developer productivity. The developer advocate will also earnestly participate in the creation of a sandbox ecosystem that developers can use to develop their applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and develop a community of developers with expertise in DOS and help them grow the community.
- Help build a sandbox ecosystem that developers can use to develop their DOS applications.
- Show developers what's possible with DOS and evangelize the use of DOS.
- Be the voice of developers internally and ensure DOS provides an unparalleled developer experience.
- Help define and build a "Go To Market" strategy for the DOS Developer Program in conjunction with the sales and marketing groups.
- Present at in remote meetings/webinars, conferences, on-site visits, etc. to help customers use DOS to its full potential.
- Soft Skills & Important Traits
- Communication skills - Articulate speaker
- Professional focus and drive
- Passionate about the application of technology to solve real world problems
- Mentorship Skills
- Guide and mentor other developers
- Commercial Software Development Experience
- Minimum 7 years' experience building software
- Working knowledge of agile tools and source code management systems (Git, VSTS, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern integrated development environments (IDEs like Visual Studio, VS Code, etc.)
- DevOps experience (configuring build/deployment)
- Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Programming Skills
- Knows, and has worked in, programming languages
- Is curious and capable of learning new languages rapidly
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- MVC & derivatives, Façade, Adapter, SOLID etc.
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Database Skills
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of relational database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostGRES)
- Mentorship Skills
- 1 year experience guiding a team of one or more developers
- Technical Skills
- Data warehousing experience
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Business Intelligence experience
- Application Security
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA or MS in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree.
- Minimum 7 years' experience building commercial software
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.