Wilson Trailer, an industry leader in the design, manufacture and sales of grain, flatbed, livestock, and goose-neck trailers, is looking for an experienced design engineer to fill the position of Flatbed Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor of Science with Mechanical, Civil, Agricultural, or Structural designation
- PE – certification
- 10 years design experience
- Prior management experience required
- Able to make decisions and solve problems
- Proven track record of success
- Team environment – able to lead team.
- Able to communicate well - sell ideas and influence others
- Tech savy and proficient with 3D modeling and FEA experience
- History of continuous improvement / support “Lean” manufacturing
- Experience with welded structures, fastened structures, & fabrication practices
- Hydraulic and pneumatics experience
- US Passport or ability to get one (Travel to Canada, Mexico, & possibly others)
- Able to read, speak, write, comprehend, and communicate using English Language
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Moberly, MO or Dakota Dunes, SD
Salary Range: $70,000 to $110,000 depending on qualifications
Bonus Eligible: Yes-Driven by product line profitability
- Responsible for the operation of the Flatbed Product Line Engineering Department, including processes, work produced and personnel.
- Develops and maintains, sound, cost effective and industry leading designs.
- Serves as liaison between Engineering and other company departments.
- Responsible for design warranty costs. The Design warranty goal of not more than ½% of corresponding sales volume. Provides assistance to Warranty Department.
- Responsible for matters relating to product liability, safety, and patent protection.
- Responsible for Product line division budgets.
- Responsible for security of all Wilson Trailer Company drawings related to area of responsibility.
- Responsible for Engineering Management in matters related to all contract services (testing, hiring, etc.) related to division’s products.
- Responsible for acquisition of department staff.
- Responsible for keeping company management informed on new developments in the trailer industry.
Post offer drug test & pre-employment physical required. Wilson Trailer is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: