The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is seeking a District Manager for districts located in and around the Central Region, including Core LA. The District Manager is responsible for directing and educating the General Managers within their specified district (an average of 12 retail stores) in the daily operations, sales and customer service of the retail stores. The District Manager will maintain positive company morale, will represent The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® in a professional manner and will fulfill the duties and requirements listed below under the direction of the Regional Director, Sr. Vice President of Operations and Corporate Officers.
The District Manager is responsible for maintaining the key business areas listed:
• Is accountable for sales growth within the district, assisting the General Managers in reaching their sales plans.
• Leadership skills must reflect our FROTH values, hire for characteristics and train for skills.
• Monitors controllable store expenses for profitability.
• Maintains efficient, friendly service standards.
• Responds pro-actively to prevent and resolve customer service situations.
• Conducts customer surveys and evaluates secret shopper surveys.
• Is sales driven and generates a sales environment in stores.
• Sets up and maintains cost and labor controls.
• Responsible for loss prevention and innovations.
• Responsible for store management supervision including but not limited to directing of management team, corrective counseling, and issuing management evaluations.
• Staffs, trains, and organizes the openings of new Coffee Bean locations.
• Identifies and resolves problems for items that affect any of the above objectives. Creates systems to identify or solve problems before they happen or to prevent them from reoccurring. Utilizes action plans when needed.
• Creates, improves, or upgrades systems to better and more efficiently achieve goals and objectives. Develops methods to help build customer base and company expansion.
• Acts as liaison between corporate and management personnel and coordinates with other Senior Management Members.
• Executes effective store visits.
• Perpetuates company philosophy and culture.
• Effectively recruits and interviews new management candidates.
• Ensures appropriate training for General Managers.
• Manages the development and performance of General Managers.
• Evaluates General Managers on an on-going basis.
• Creates and implements consistent, ongoing, efficient, effective, staff and manager training to both meet the company objectives and create bench strength for growth and change.
• Implements training manuals and ongoing training classes.
• Motivates Store Managers to maintain quality and consistent product.
• Educates General Managers on all products and services.
• Consistently maintains the highest quality of product standards.
• Oversees drink making and re-certification process.
• Supervises General Managers in maintaining clean, safe, well stocked and merchandised stores.
• Enforces corporate merchandising standards and plan-o-grams.
• 5+ years of District Manager or Multi-unit experience.
• 5+ years of restaurant hospitality experience.
• Four-year college degree preferred.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
• Well organized and detail-oriented.
• Proven leadership skills with a positive can do attitude.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Expected to work overtime, as needed, to perform duties and responsibilities.
• Participate in special events, as needed (may require overnight travel).
• Must be available for emergency assistance as needed.