Area Account Manager
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Stanley Infrastructure is the world’s largest handheld hydraulic tool manufacturer and we’re a worldwide market leader. We deliver over 150 handheld hydraulic tools and over 30 mounted impact tools. And these are the tools that build your world.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and increase sales and support of the Stanley product line within an assigned territory. The Account Manager (AM) is responsible to represent the company in accordance with its policies and in the area assigned to him/her. AM must also maintain an awareness of local competitive conditions so he/she can report promptly back to the management. Key to AM’s role is demonstrating the value of Stanley products to the end users and to work closely with distribution and end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and grow sales by calling on end users and dealers within the assigned territory.
- Provide sales and technical application assistance.
- Aggressively seek new business opportunities, formulate and follow action plans as directed by the Director of Sales or VP of Sales.
- Build strong relationship with customers and assist in adopting company products to their individual requirements and specifications.
- Resolve customer issues promptly and maintain good communication channels between the customers and the Company.
- Comply with all company policies, instructions, and directives for fulfillment of company objectives for maximum profitable sales.
- Be alert of competitive products and marketing practices and keep management informed.
- Prepare sales forecasts/goals and analyses of present and prospective opportunities in accordance with company procedures.
- Attend and participate in company sales meetings, training programs, trade shows, and conventions as directed.
- Develop new business opportunities, introduce new marketing programs and disseminate new products to markets.
- Maintain up-to-date customer record database and other records in accordance with company instructions using Salesforce.com.
- Prepare and submit call and expense reports as required.
- Maintain and manage company owned assets; ie laptop computer, cell phone, credit card and other company property.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for customers and more junior sales team members
- Mentor junior sales team members where appropriate and directed by Regional Sales Manager, Director of Sales, or VP of Sales
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong history in the Railroad and/or Electric Utility industry referred
- Required knowledge of principles and application of the industrial tools market
- Required knowledge of market practices, competitor’s product and marketing plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and work with clientele on all levels
- Strong work ethic
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills on technical subjects with varying sizes of audience
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and overall computer proficiency
- Demonstrated success in problem solving; must be creative, resourceful and innovative
- Independent worker, able to organize and manage time effectively
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Ability to lift products and samples up to 40 lbs without assistance, set up displays and exhibits, and conduct hands-on tool demonstrations, must be able to stand for up to 8 hours and maneuver in tight spaces during demos
- Self-motivated with high energy and a positive attitude with ability to drive growth
- Mechanical aptitude – must have the ability to understand basic machine and equipment operation and principal
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study preferred
- At least 5+ years of relevant selling experience
- Excellent driving record
- Willing to travel 75% of the time including weekends and weeks at a time