Position Title Administrative Aide 7
Location Main Campus (Houghton, MI)
Position Type Staff
Full-time/ Part-time Full-time
Full-Time Equivalent (1.0=100%) 1.0
Appointment Term 12 Month
Pay Type Hourly Rate
Salary or Hourly Rate External Candidates Will Receive the Minimum $13.70
Position Duration Dependent on External Funding? No
Title of Position Supervisor Registrar
Position Summary Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description Summary
Provide professional and administrative support to office staff and the registrar.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
1. Responsible for the readmission process for undergraduate students
2. Manage the day-to-day financial operations (purchase requisitions, supply orders, invoices, credit card reconciliations, check requests, inter-account bills); reconcile department accounts
3. Maintain registrar’s office website; work with provost’s office to coordinate the general education website
4. Submit student data reports to the National Student Clearinghouse and the Michigan Student Data System; respond to emails, update enrollment information, resolve problems and answer questions
5. Respond to questions related to Guest Access
6. Serve as departmental liaison with human resources and payroll services
7. Maintain and submit student announcements and checklist items for MyMichiganTech
8. Coordinate responses to court-issued subpoenas
9. Attend and assist with commencement ceremonies
10. Coordinate monthly staff meetings including maintaining agenda items; organize departmental retreats
11. Assist with Registration; support Transfer Services; process transcripts as needed
12. Serve as backup for the Office Assistant
13. Maintain and distribute department calendar
14. Responsible for maintaining office and commencement supplies; transcript paper
15. Help manage projects and related timelines
Required Education (minimum requirements)
- High school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
Required Experience (minimum requirements)
- Five years progressively responsible administrative support experience.
- Five years’ experience using personal computers and basic software packages.
- Experience using advanced features of word processing and spreadsheet software.
Desirable Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Experience using a content management system for maintaining web pages
- Experience using Banner software
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude and contribute to a fun and professional work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments in a busy work environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to use judgment when dealing with confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and contribute to the overall smooth operation of a service environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to change
- Demonstrated ability to independently research, compile, and summarize material for reports and projects
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Experience with accounting procedures and processes
Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Skills
Work Environment and/or Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel an object.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mode
Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following 3 required training; additional training may be required by the department.
Required University Training:
Required Departmental Training:
- Employee Safety Overview
- Anti-Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation Training
- Annual Data Security Training
Offers of employment are contingent upon and not considered finalized until the required background check has been performed and the results received and assessed
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number 18405
Posting Type Internal & External Posting
Internal Posting Date
External Posting Date 11/07/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)
UAW Internal & External Posting 11/7/2018 – 11/13/2018
External applicants are reviewed after internal UAW applicants.
References should include the contact information for at least three (3) professional references.