Houston Transitional Care is a new facility in the North Houston, TX. The facility is licensed for 70 Medicare only beds. We are looking for someone who is interested in making this facility the premier transitional care facility in Houston that offers shorty stay rehabilitation for guests that need therapy services after a joint replacement, surgery, or need wound treatment, IV therapy and other assistance to return home quickly. There are resort style amenities offered such as a salon, room service, fine dining, and many others - while being taken care of by a professional medical staff.
The Director of Nursing Services will oversee all nursing functions and responsibilities. The Director of Nursing Services has administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for assuring functions and activities of the nursing services department. S/he participates in the development of any facility policies that affect the Nursing Services department. The DNS is directly responsible to the facility Administrator.
· Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education.
· RN - current license to practice in the State.
· At least 2 years’ experience as a Director of Nursing Services in a Skilled Nursing Facility.
· BSN or MSN preferred.
· Experience in the care of the geriatric resident.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively to staff, residents, and family members.
· Maintains, interprets, and adheres to facility policy and procedures.
· Maintains a quality assurance program for nursing services that includes: infection control audits; safety audits; skin audits; resident care audits; environmental audits; chart audits; nutritional/weight audits; medication audits and employee competency audits.
· Ensures that all medications, treatments, and plans of care are administered as ordered in collaboration with the RN Care Manager.
· Responsible for assisting Nursing Department and communicating with State Surveyors during annual State Survey.
· Coordinates nursing service departmental functions and activities with the functions and activities of other departments.
· Is informed regarding residents' conditions, including when a significant change in residents' condition warrants nursing or medical intervention.
· Develops and maintains personnel policies of recruitment, orientation, in service education, evaluation and termination of Nursing Service Staff. Demonstrates leadership abilities.
· Determines Nursing Staff's capacity for providing nursing care for any person seeking admission to the facility.
· Demonstrates ability to establish priorities and organize effectively. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Assumes responsibility for professional growth and continuing education.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off