- Management Experience
- Home Care
- Hospice Care
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Excellent opportunity for a Director of Patient Care Services with VITAS Healthcare!
- Full Time position
- Position will have a multi-site responsibilities within the San Francisco Bay area
The Patient Care Administrator is responsible for ensuring that hospice care is provided to the ultimate satisfaction of patients and their families, while meeting the expectations of referral sources and other external customers, and maintaining the financial integrity of patient care. Considering this objective, the PCA is primarily responsible for: effective communication, the clinical appropriateness of care being provided, the adequacy and quality of patient care services, employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and financial management.
Patient Care Services
- Assures that the mission, philosophy and values of VITAS are upheld in the delivery of patient care services.
- Actively participates with Team Manager(s), Medical Director and Admissions representatives on appropriateness questions for unusual pending cases.
- Assists team in problem solving regarding palliative care measures for pain and symptom management.
- Reviews all recertification recommendations prior to continuation or discharge and participates in all revocation discussions prior to discharge.
- Develops and implements procedure changes impacted by policy revisions which affect patient care/team functions; makes recommendations on policy changes to IDG.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
Staff Supervision and Management
- Assists Team Managers in identifying and meeting training needs of team members and participates in counseling and terminations of team staff.
- Acts as resource and mentor for Team Managers and other department managers in clinical issues, regulations, and other patient care and management/leadership topics.
- Assures effective two-way communication between team(s) and other areas of program and company.
- Help team to develop annual goals and objectives.
Quality Improvement/Regulatory Compliance
- Randomly monitors both active and closed charts to assure that services are rendered as integrated components of the interdisciplinary plan of care, that the team makes decisions which are appropriate and responsive to patients’/families’ needs and expectations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and that documentation effectively demonstrates quality and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates with Team Managers and total program in developing Performance Improvement Plans.
- Reviews all revocations, customer and employee satisfaction survey data, and Customer Service/Complaint forms to analyze for trends requiring improvement.
- Compiles, reviews and evaluates all documentation for external reviews, record requests, and surveys.
- Prepares for survey process and annual program review, assuring that company policies, procedures, and Federal, State and local regulations are followed.
- Participates on at least one of the following committees: Ethics, Safety/Infection Control, Quality/Utilization, IDG/PAG.
- Compiles and reviews all data for quarterly QI studies.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
Education and Qualification
- Current California Registered Nurse license required
- Four years of management experience in hospital and home health setting
- Hospice management experience, highly preferred.
- Hands-on fiscal and budgetary experience
- Must be able to participate in the Administration on-call rotation
“Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records”
Job Type: Full-time
- hospital or home health setting: 5 years (Required)
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hospice Care: 5 years (Preferred)