Service Technicians provide preventive maintenance.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes at varied customer locations, as directed. Be available “on call” as part of service office rotation and provide after hours service, as required.
- Conduct extensive on-site electrical, mechanical and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment. Perform a general safety audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
- Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer including a written “Safety Summary” of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer’s intentions to purchase repairs and advise local service office of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their material handling applications, prior to leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation.
- Complete and provide proper checklist and required forms for each service, obtaining the customer’s signature on appropriate forms to document acceptance.
- Generate sales leads during service calls and report to service office, following established guidelines.
- Read, understand and apply the contents of all OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
- Complete service reports and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Document and track quotations provided to customers (either verbal or written) and submit to service office for follow up and tracking.
- Maintain regular communication with the service office and Service Supervisor, in accordance with established practices.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
- Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle. Document use or sale to customer, as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year experience involving advanced electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair. Some electronic experience is preferred. Prior experience with cranes is a plus.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver’s license. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by customer, be available for “on call” as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour
- PLC: 1 year
- VFD: 1 year
- 480v electrical: 1 year
- industrial mechanicial repair: 1 year