The Member Services Representative is responsible for performing a broad variety of Member services such as opening and closing accounts, renewing certificate accounts and assisting Members with bookkeeping and checking account problems. The Member Services Representative answers Member questions regarding Credit Union services provided and performs a variety of account maintenance activities. Also, this position cross-sells services and performs related secretarial functions as required; assists or refers Members with any and all questions that arise; and attends to all telephone inquiries and transactions for Members.
Duties and Responsibilities
o Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to Members and assists in
meeting their financial needs; opens and closes accounts; orders checks for Member
accounts; completes payroll deductions and authorization forms;
o Answers questions and solves problems for Members by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers and reporting results to the inquiring party; resolves Member bookkeeping and checking account problems; takes stop payment orders;
o Renews and updates certificate accounts;
o Receives and directs Members and telephone calls; responds to inquiries and questions, or directs them as necessary; records and relays messages;
o Performs file maintenance and account changes as necessary.
o Resolves Member requests and questions promptly, courteously and professionally;
o Keeps Members informed of Credit Union services and policies;
o Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation.
o Assists other area staff as required;
o Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and significant problems;
o Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly;
o Attends meetings as required.
1. High school diploma or equivalent education and experience
2. One to two years of experience in a sales/customer service environment
3. Good understanding of member services and products provided
4. Understanding of Member bookkeeping procedures
5. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Must value a high degree of accuracy
7. Professional demeanor
8. Effective communication skills
9. Basic PC skills (Windows)
10. Assertive problem solving skills
11. Ability to work well independently, or as part of a team
12. Confidentiality is a must!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.00 to $11.00 /hour
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is: