BAYADA Hospice has a special purpose—to provide the highest quality end-of-life care so our patients can remain at home with comfort, grace, and dignity. Hospice focuses on a holistic team approach to providing care to patients and their families at the end of life. In addition to expert medical care and symptom and pain management, hospice services include social, emotional, and spiritual support to patients, families, and others who need support through the end-of-life process.
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an energetic and experienced Medical Social Worker for a per diem opportunity performing hospice visits for our office located in Brattleboro, VT. A Masters of Social work is preferred, but will consider Bachelors of Social Work too.
Prior home care/hospice experience preferred, but not required. As a Medical Social Worker, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides hospice care to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
Responsibilities for Medical Social Worker include:
Qualifications for the Ideal candidate:
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to our clients' health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client's and the family's practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- A MSW (Masters of Social Work) is preferred, but will consider BSW as well.
- With at least 2 years of community-based experience.
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- Home care experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares, and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.