Responsible for the strategic sourcing and management of Not for Resale (NFR) categories with annual spend ranging between $500M - $1b. Position responsible for the development, management and tracking of category strategies to minimize our NFR cost structures while insuring delivery against strategic needs of the company. A key leader on the NFR Team, this leader often sets or assists in developing the company-wide strategies for ADUSA's activities in these functions. Success in this position will allow the company to improve our long-term competitive strength through minimizing our NFR cost structure.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Cost Reduction Leadership
- Provide leadership and oversight for an assigned category spend of $500M - $1b with a goal of lowering total cost of ownership for our company. Responsible for reducing cost to acquire goods and services that are NFR. Establishes processes, procedures and policies for the handling of NFR purchasing within the organization while supporting stakeholders needs. This includes sourcing ,vendor negotiation and vendor relationship and performance management. Core category expertise, understanding and knowledge Manage and balance needs between quality, cost, service, and innovation. Seek out new opportunities to improve in each of these areas as an agent of change.
Achieving NFR Department Vision
- Collaborate with Lead NFR and peers to ensure team moves further down the continuum to being a world class sourcing organization, identify and implement cost savings across the NFR categories within this position's scope of responsibility to provide funding for reinvestment in the growth of our business. Develop and grow team resources ensuring an understanding of best practices in sourcing including spend analytics, negotiation, supplier management, the use of technology and total cost management
- Building Teams: Talent acquisition and development- participate in the selection, development and preparation of a team comprised of Sourcing Managers and Senior Sourcing Analysts for current and future leadership roles/opportunities in NFR sourcing categories specific to addressable areas of NFR spend servicing business stakeholders sourcing needs. Collaborate with Director in the strategic planning of department’s workload and coordinate priorities, working with various business stakeholder to ensure resources are deployed appropriately to realize savings opportunities through local, ADUSA and Global sourcing initiatives.
- Responsible for planning, managing and executing against annual and LTP strategic NFR sourcing calendar consisting of an average of 50 projects annually to deliver annual cost savings equal or greater than targets defined between NFR leadership and Executive Leadership. Contribute significantly to the attainment if ADUSA's financial and operational annual goals.
Identify Unaddressed spend
- This leadership position will collaborate with Senior Management to identify unaddressed spend and work with the VP and SVP owners of the spend to obtain support and approvals to build teams of business stakeholder representatives and move forward with sourcing initiatives.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Develop a continuous comprehensive multi-year strategy to achieve our long-term NFR goals in defined NFR categories. Execute against continuous improvement model for how we will manage NFR over the long term. This includes evaluating performance relative to financial, risk management, productivity measurements, and the marketplace.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic Planning
- Previous negotiation / sourcing experience
- Oral and/or written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight