We are looking for a skilled accounts payable clerk to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment, overseeing procurement and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Ensure all procurement orders are in line with budgets
- Proven working experience as accounts payable clerk
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven experience working within procurement models
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- accounts payable: 5 years (Required)
- Procurement: 5 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 5 years (Required)