Saints Peter & Paul School and Parish has an immediate opening for the Director of Technology position in Easton, MD. The Director of Technology is responsible in maintaining and expanding the IT network for the school and parish. Ideal candidates should possess the skills to manage an IT budget, clearly present strategic technology plans and goals, and provide excellent IT support to staff, students, and parents. Due to the nature of a shared facility and an active and thriving parish, the Director of Technology is required to be available on-call to provide technical assistance outside of regular business hours, including weekends. This includes recording, writing, staging, and sending robocalls, text messages, emails, social media posts, and website alerts for weather-related closures/delays or other school emergencies. The parish will provide a laptop and phone to handle such occurrences.
Expectation of responsibilities for this position, includes:
- Managing the IT networks and network security across school campus, Saints Peter & Paul Roman Catholic Church, and the Parish office.
- Managing Windows Server virtual machines with roles such as Active Directory, DNS, File Services, and Print Management.
- Implementing and managing disaster recovery strategies and systems. This includes periodically testing systems for performance, efficiency, and file integrity.
- Maintaining and tracking all software licensing.
- Managing Windows-based computing systems and providing tier level I technical support.
- Managing a fleet of ChromeOS devices through the G Suite Admin Console and providing tier level I technical support.
- Maintaining school A/V systems, including: interactive touchscreen displays, projectors, and sound systems.
- Providing tier level II support for the school's student information system (SIS) based on Powerschool.
- Providing tier level I support for the school and parish fleet of Xerox copiers. Experience with PaperCut is a plus.
- Staging and sending all school communication. School family contact databases must be frequently maintained. Experience with SchoolMessenger is a plus.
- Writing and maintaining school technology policies and agreements.
- Maintaining the school and parish websites, based on a content management system (CMS).
- Monitoring and maintaining policies in the school online safety management system, based on Securly.
- Creating and maintaining professional development training materials for staff and students.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused