- Laboratory Experience
- Microsoft Office
Collidion, Inc. is seeking a intern to assist the Research & Development team. The Intern will work closely with the Director of Microbiology by assisting in antimicrobial research on various healthcare assets. We are looking for someone who is seeking to develop laboratory-based research experience in the areas of pharmaceutical and medical device.
Our regulatory, Research & Development, operations and creative teams work together to identify and build technologies that can improve the future of patients worldwide.
Under limited supervision and the guidance of the R&D team, the intern will be responsible for the following routine tasks:
- Maintains the microbiology laboratory
- Follows established procedures and best practices
- Prepares bacterial and spore suspensions
- Assists with bacterial and spore time-kill studies
- Assists with gram staining, filtering, aseptic techniques, evaluation of plates and test tubes for microbial growth
- Conducts Microbiological Analysis
- Prepares and maintaining culture media and solutions
- Performs growth promotion testing of microbiological media
- Ensures testing timelines are met
- Performs other miscellaneous lab maintenance activities
- Experience and sound knowledge of traditional microbiological methods.
- Must be proficient in aseptic technique, serial dilutions, quantitative enumeration of microorganisms, and Preparation of test media.
- Must be proficient in microorganism culturing techniques.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with standard laboratory practices, including microscopes, Autoclaves, sterilizing supplies, electronic balances, pipettes, and incubation.
- Critical thinking skills appropriate for advanced problem-solving activities.
- Maintains high standards of lab safety and health.
- GLP documentation experience strongly preferred.
- Records and maintains accurate test results and enters them into computer database.
- Must be capable of performing routine tasks in a self-directed manner.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced dynamic research and development environment.
- Minimum 2 years of microbiological testing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of microbiological concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be results oriented, a quick learner, and able to respond to the urgent needs of the team ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to meet attendance standards.
- Must be detailed oriented, have a collaborative work attitude with strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must meet all laboratory, production safety, and compliance training programs at Collidion Inc.
- Currently a student in a Microbiology or a related major at a four-year college.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Microbiology: 2 years (Required)