Founded in 1951, Lakeside Country Club is a top tier private member-owned country club in the West Houston area. Lakeside is a family oriented country club that provides outstanding social and recreational services to its membership. While our facilities were destroyed during Hurricane Harvey, our new clubhouse is scheduled to open in early 2020. Once completed, members and guests alike will be able to enjoy the wide array of traditionally elegant facilities. The main clubhouse will be 87,000 square feet and will be open 6 days per week, year round. Amenities will include A la Carte dining, 5 banquet rooms that can accommodate seating for 16-600, two locker rooms, casual dining restaurant, 18 hole golf course, swimming and lap pools with poolside dining, 11 outdoor tennis courts, and a 15,000 square foot state-of-the-art fitness facility.
The ideal Wedding & Event Coordinator candidate will be able to successfully work with the club’s managers and staff, members, clients, guests and vendors while creating exceptional service. This position requires a person who takes pride and ownership of their work, and one who positively reflects Lakeside’s service standards. It also requires an individual who has excellent interpersonal communication skills, one who is warm, welcoming and friendly, and most importantly, service minded. The candidate that is selected for this position will be required to make the time for member and client tours and meetings, along with organizing, planning, set-up and menu analysis to the member and/or client’s satisfaction. Strong personal one-on-one service, phone, and sales skills are required.
- Meet with members and clients to reserve private and wedding events in the clubhouse (including tours, prepare proposals, Banquet Event Orders, diagrams etc.
- When requested, assist with planning and executing club functions (WGA, WA, MGA, Holiday Events, Presentation Ball). This may include check-in/registration of guests.
- Plan special menus and beverages with the Chef and Beverage Director.
- Communicate all aspects of events to Lakeside directors and managers (guarantees, menu, set-up, special requirements, vendor list etc.).
- Collect deposits, signed contract and required documents from member and clients hosting private events
- Set goals to meet Food & Beverage budget for fiscal year with focus on wedding events
- During pool season, reserve and plan pool parties
- Attend staff meetings, as requested
- This person will also conduct internal marketing to the existing member base
- Perform other duties as assigned
Description of essential skills and traits:
- Must have experience in the sales process and function of club/catering operations.
- Must have demonstrated through performance. a commitment and expertise in direct sales including selling meeting space and other services.
- Must have an enthusiasm for creating truly special events and the desire to satisfy the needs of others.
- Must be able to network with members and guests to maximize leads and referrals.
- Must have knowledge of current industry trends and be comfortable experimenting with new catering ideas.
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; conflict management skills; and have the ability to prioritize work and pay great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to develop a quarterly marketing strategy to target our markets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills-proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must possess high service standards
- Strong phone and sales skills
- Ability to interact well with members, guests, clients, vendors and staff
- Ability to work weekend, evening and holiday events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in catering/sales required
- Country Club experience preferred
Lakeside Country Club offers a great benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and a commission plan will be included for this position. Please submit your resume along with salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Country Club: 2 years (Preferred)
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Catering/Sales: 2 years (Required)