About JV Driver
The JV Driver Group offers a wide range of fabrication capability with large capacity, state of art facilities and strategic locations. We always think about being exceptional at what we do and at the JV Driver Group we have re-imagined industrial fabrication. We do what others can’t, due to innovations in facilities and approaches. We conducted extensive research, visited facilities around the world and then embarked on a large investment program that has resulted in state-of-the-art facilities that allow for the most productive workflow. Simply stated, our new facilities and tooling are among the best and most modern in the world.
Our product lines include steel and pipe fabrication, module construction, stationary equipment, boilers, exchangers, sign and bridge fabrication, high value add marine equipment. With over 420,000 square feet of fabrication space coupled with 100 acres for module erection and locations in Houston, Phoenix and Canada.
The Quality Inspector – CWI is a key member of the steel shop leadership team. The primary responsibility of the Quality Inspector - CWI is to take care of the Quality Management System and ensure products are built in accordance with contract requirements.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Develop and understanding of company quality program, standards, procedures and codes
- Report directly to the QM and provide assistance with construction and subcontractor quality control activities
- Perform field tests and inspections for soil, concrete, structural, equipment, piping, electrical, instrumentation, welding, and other installations as required by Customer, Regulatory Authorities and the Company Management.
- Maintain filing system to include test reports, radiography, inspection reports, non-conformance reports, corrective action taken and instructions to Installers
- Ensure maintenance, calibration and safekeeping of test instruments/equipment
- Responsible for witnessing and verifying construction activities related to their field of expertise.
- Report and record any quality issues and provide possible solutions
- Oversee subcontractors and organize the materials inspections and materials testing
- Work in conjunction with construction and issue reports related to inspection and testing activities
- Ensure all quality documentation is provided to the applicable individuals
- Attend inspections and inform Client representative(s) when they need to attend (as required)
- Directing and performing Quality and Audit checks on current work
- Keep weld mapping and Turnover up to date with all information needed to complete their work
- Inspect ongoing welding and coordinate inspections with the NDE subcontractor
- Verify the materials used in the Project are correct, as per Engineer/Specification requirements
- Keep Owner’s QC coordinators advised of progressing work, defective performances in materials, processes and any possible instances which may affect the progression of the Project.
- Develop and implement risk based inspection activities and processes
- Oversee supervision of all visual and NDE inspections
- Creation of inspection and test plans for new construction, repair work, and alterations
- Identify and plan how to rectify inspection and/or quality related gap issues
- Manage the development and implementation of the QMS for construction, execution, documentation inspection, and operations activities including:
- Involving planning duties within the QA/QC group to execute QA/QC activities
- Establish standards of service for customers, clients, and corporate departments
- Identify quality related needs and handle other duties as assigned
- Self-starter highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Five plus (5) years working experience and knowledge as a professional within a heavy industrial environment
- Welding Inspector Certification is a highly preferred
- Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding company policies, procedures and software programs
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to move in and around confined and cluttered places with a full range of motion and flexibility
- Extensive knowledge and experience with AWS D1.1, D1.5 and ASME codes.
- 1-2 Years of Paint Inspection of Structural Steel. Knowledge of SSPC Standards for paint inspection and surface preparation is a plus.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Good analytical and problem solving skillsAbility to use good judgment in making decisions, restructuring priorities and adjusting tasks in a dynamic environment
- Able to communicate and effectively work with associates at all levels of the organization
- Experience working within local jurisdictional authorities and regulatory bodies
- Solid understanding of requirements associated with project specific documentation related to turnover, inspection, testing, installations, and quality control including understanding of safety related implementations associated with each process
- Solid understanding of constructability and construction execution sequence
- Experience in turnaround planning and execution
- Ability to develop and manage non-conformance and reporting programs including root cause analysis
- Ability to ensure correct codes, standards, job specifications, and project procedures are properly utilized and adhered to
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines, and under pressure
JV Driver Fabricators (Phoenix) offers the unique opportunity to work on safe, challenging, high-profile projects, provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, and unique experience working with some of the most amazing people in the industry.
JV Driver Group is an equal opportunity employer.