Senior Charge Master Analyst-1719010
CHSPSC, LLC is one of the leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization's affiliates own, operate, or lease 155 hospitals in 22 states, with an aggregate of approximately 22,000 licensed beds. The consolidated organization owns and leases community hospitals that offer quality, cost-effective healthcare including a range of inpatient medical and surgical services, outpatient treatment and skilled nursing care. In over 60 percent of the markets served, CHSPSC, LLC-affiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services.
CHSPSC, LLC seeks a Senior Charge Master Analyst for its Antioch, TN, headquarters’ Supply Chain Services team.
This position is responsible for supporting the integrity of the standardized Charge Master within the Master Data Management Department. This position should maintain the company’s standardized Charge Master for all Supply Chain integrated facilities under the supervision of the Lawson Chargemaster standardization manager in order to optimize revenue generation, maintain compliance with third party payer requirements, and to generate management reports relative to resource utilization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualities and Skillset:
- Ensures proper maintenance of the standardization of the company’s charge master and related processes, controls, and policies as necessary for enterprise-wide efficient charge master data management.
- Reviews documentation for product manufactures to identify HCPCS codes for supplies.
- Reviews all facility item master Item Class and CDM assignments in the global Lawson item master.
- Prepares item masters for conversion to the standardized charge master platform. Provide necessary revenue impacts to the facility prior to conversion to the standardized company charge master.
- Prepare standardized item masters for clinical conversions.
- Works with facilities to use CCDB to keep surgery systems updated.
- Ability to troubleshoot high priority issues to resolve charge master issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for supporting the improvement of operational effectiveness and efficiency, resolving problems and providing development opportunities for the department
- Acts as a partner to other Supply Chain departments by working effectively in a highly matrixed and relationship driven culture.
- Delivers effective, timely communication on all issues both internally and externally
- Attends workshops and seminars to maintain a high level of knowledge and capabilities.
- Manages special projects relative to the standardized charge master such as the merging of Charge Masters to the standard.
- Performs periodic audits of the Charge Master to ensure appropriate revenue management.
- Contributes to a collaborative work environment through positive relationships with Senior Leadership, managers, and the facilities
- Understands overall impacts of master data changes, charge master changes and the impact in the overall procure to pay process and revenue management
- Effectively and professionally manages persistent calls and challenging customers, providing service recovery assistance wherever possible
- Can articulate and support the Organizations mission, vision, and values as well as departmental goals
- Demonstrates an awareness of incorporating patient satisfaction into daily work ethic
- Can determine where judgment needs to be made and routes to appropriate management personnel when necessary
- Troubleshoots issues, serving as a resource for complex problems and helping to identify and resolve upcoming or potential issues
- An overall knowledge of the functions and activities of hospitals, surgery centers, and medical clinics.
- Understands overall impact of financial management and charge master functions in a health care environment.
- Knowledge of hospital financial computer systems, the A/R system and the Charge Master role within such systems.
- Knowledge/experience with maintaining a CDM is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Clinical Background or experience with a surgery system.
- Medical Product and HCPCS knowledge required.
- Familiar with SRM data maintenance and table structures
- Lawson experience is a plus
- Experienced and proficient in Microsoft Office Applications required
Job Corporate Positions
Primary LocationTN-Franklin (Nashville Region)
Organization Supply Chain Shared Services Center
Shift Day Shift
Forecasted paid hours per shift 8
Forecasted hours per pay week 40
Employee Status Full-time