The Infusion Procurement Specialist will be responsible for inventory processes, control, and accuracy. Additionally, this position will assist with procurement contract negotiations for services and products. This position will assist in ensuring compliance for all purchasing activities within the scope of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO), manufacturers, and supply wholesalers.
1.Coordinate and participate in contract negotiations with vendors to ensure best price and service.
2.Collaborate in the GPO selection process by providing cost analysis and identify additional opportunities within the GPO.
3.Work with GPO and/or manufacturer to identify best tier levels to maximize cost savings within contract and failure to supply reimbursement when applicable.
4.Review contracts to identify opportunities to source lower priced medications on the approved formulary.
5.Track rebate programs offered through GPO/manufacturer contracts and ensure the program is meeting the requirements to obtain.
6.Identify manufacturer programs that provide co-pay assistance and drug replacement to assist patients in need.
7.Maintain vendor relationships and open lines of communication regarding concerns with pricing or customer service.
8.Coordinate semi-annual inventory counts for all pharmacies and completes an inventory reconciliation for medications, supplies and infusion pumps.
9.Monitor shortage lists to proactively order medications and/or supplies with minimal disruption to our patients.
10.Create action plans and provide alternative options for medications that are experiencing a critical shortage.
11.Perform cost and reimbursement analysis to determine products that would maximize margins.
12.Provide data analytics for payer contracts to ensure we are obtaining reimbursement that will maximize margin for medications and per diem rates.
13.Collaborate with the billing department to ensure medications and services are billed correctly.
14.Maintain drug files and inventory in workflow management system and updates as needed.
15.Adheres to all company policies as indicated in the handbook and directives issued by management. Has reviewed Policy and
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Understanding of insurance verification and online prescription adjudication
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Self-initiative with a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry
- HIPAA trained and /or the ability to work with and protect extremely confidential patient and employee information
- One to three years’ experience in contract negotiations and procurement preferred
High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure and Certification Requirements
- Current unrestricted state registration.
- Certification through nationally recognized program upon hire or within state specific guidelines. Maintains continuing educational requirements to keep certification active.
- Completes additional state registrations as requested.