Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
Junior IT Coordinator—Help Desk will provide The America’s Group store employees with a single point of contact to track, log, report, and resolve level one hardware and software problems through an automated problem tracking system.
Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist with the identification and implementation of solutions that provide enhanced functionality and value.
- Deploy service solutions that simplify processes.
- Troubleshoot Point of Sale equipment and Tint equipment (Servers/Clients and all Peripherals).
- Troubleshoot all peripherals including Credit Card Reader, POS and Tint scanner guns, Epson printers/cash Drawer, Lexmark printers, Multi-Function printers, AML, pole displays, VSAT, Frame Relay, HAN/DSL, and MPLS.
- Troubleshoot all wiring and cabling problems that connect all work stations, networking applications, telephone terminators and wireless network.
- Support store applications, i.e., Attendance and Time, Price Record Cards, HEARS, S.T.A.R.T., MMS, Staroffice, EDI, PQR, BOLDOC, SherColor, Delivery, Phoenix, Coloreye software performance levels, Tax Record Card, Inventory, Customer Satisfaction and Product Performance Reports.
- Troubleshoot Color Match equipment.
- Support store openings, renovations and closings regarding computer and VSAT installations and de-installations.
- Assist various technicians (Hughes, Store Installation managers, Wiring, Corporate IT, Landlords).
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Some travel may be required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 0-1 year of IT experience.
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN environment.
- Basic understanding of store network connectivity with peripheral devices
- Competent in verbal and written communications.
- Eager to learn, grow and develop technical, interpersonal and business skills.
- Motivated to contribute to the work effort.
- Attentive to detail.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service orientation.
- Able to work as part of a team, or independently as situationally necessary
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.