We are currently looking for an experienced No SQL DBA and/or Hadoop Administrator, preferably on Hortonworks distribution and MongoDB platform to become a part of the Database support team. This team provides database engineering and operations support for distributed platform consisting of all major RDBMS technologies and a growing field of Big Data Analytics and NoSQL database platforms. The candidate should be a self-learner and good team player.
- Administer and maintain MongoDB and/or Hortonworks Hadoop clusters across all environments
- Build and configure MongoDB replica sets using Ops Manager
- Database backups and recovery in general
- Backup/recovery procedures using MongoDB Ops Manager, including command line interface
- Proactively monitor cluster health and perform performance tuning activities.
- Perform capacity planning and expansion activities working across Infrastructure and other Enterprise Services teams
- Perform cluster maintenance with patching, user provisioning, automation of routine tasks, troubleshooting of failed jobs, configure and maintain security policies.
- Trouble shoot LDAP/AD/SSL issues related to database platforms
- Work with application teams and provide deployment support
- Typically has 5 - 7 years of related IT experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands on experience with enterprise level MongoDB and/or Hadoop administration
- Strong understanding of one or more major RDBMS technologies like Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL etc.
- Understanding of High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Storage technologies like Data replication, SRDF/non SRDF
- Understanding of Hadoop ecosystem like HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, Sqoop, Solr, kafka, oozie, Knox etc.
- Understanding of No-SQL Database platforms such as MongoDB
- Strong Linux/Unix and Networking experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.