Stamford Health is seeking a self-starter to join the Materials Management team as a Supply Chain Project Manager. The Project Manager will serve as the key individual to lead all Supply Chain operational practice integration initiatives for both Stamford Health and Stamford Health Medical Group. The individual will also be responsible for the Meditech integration functions for all Stamford Health Departments and SHMG practices.
Plan and lead integration of new Supply Chain operational practices into both Stamford Health and the SHMG organization while ensuring a smooth transition of training, processes, and technology.
Plan and lead Meditech implementation in both Stamford Health and SHMG practices. Develop and successfully execute on pilot, training, communication, and implementation of new systems and processes related to Supply Chain Operations.
Provide resources and training material for all new practice sites as they are on-boarded, including renovation, and new site development projects.
Direct and coordinate activities of any assistant project personnel, including SHMG and other directors, to ensure that the project progresses on schedule.
Direct responsibility for handling large scale programs and project executions with high cost, high complexity, and high risk.
Develop project plans, determine time frames, funding needs, identifying resources, training on procedures for accomplishing tasks, and identify any additional staffing requirements and allotment of resources to various phases of project as needed.
Experience in leading and executing projects and new operations in a diverse, complex organization, preferably hospitals
Create a team-oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies, establishes collaboration, and emphasizes quality.
Facilitate and coordinate established policies and procedures with detailed action plans to enable process change and provide structure as well as establish expectations for implementation.
Identify alternative solutions to customer needs and problems. Streamline current processes and synchronize resources to improve efficiency and effectiveness as needed.
Provide resolution as needed to Supply Chain operational inefficiencies and train staff on current Stamford Hospital Supply Chain Policies and procedures.
Hospital and other facilities project Management tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration is required. Master’s preferred (MHA or MBA).
- PMP certification or other Project Management certification a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a healthcare setting performing similar duties and functions. Sound and proven analytical and project management experience.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis experience in a non-punitive environment.
- Experience using Project Management and flowcharting software - MS Project and MS Visio.
- Ability to work with all MS Office suite products, such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience facilitating projects and meetings to all levels of the organization.
- Superior interpersonal and time management skills required.
- The ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels, particularly physicians, team members, other departments.
- Experience editing and proofreading written documents.