Full-time Deck Lead and Fleet Manager: Boston, MA
The Best Bees Company is seeking Shop Support in Boston!
Best Bees is a full-service beekeeping operation headquartered in Boston. We deliver, install, and manage beehives for residences and businesses in major cities nationwide.
This is a support position, managed by our Boston Operations team and based in our offices in Roxbury. This position holds a valuable role in making sure our beekeepers are prepared for their days and assisting with honey extraction . As such, it is essential to have consistent weekday availability and good communication.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE
- Communication with beekeepers and managers via Slack and Gmail
- Preparing materials for beekeeping routes
- Loading & Unloading vehicles for beekeeping routes
- Assisting with the honey harvesting process (extraction, jarring, labeling, deliveries)
- Accomplish daily tasks provided by the Deck Chief or Operations Manager
- Maintaining a safe, tidy, and clean environment on the operations floor
- Assisting with various shop tasks related to beekeeping, including building boxes and frames, organizing harvested frames, assisting beekeepers returning from the field
- Assisting with shop organization and safe storage of materials
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Comfort working near bees
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- Clean driving record
- Ability to drive large vans
- Enjoys physical work
- Consistent weekday availability from 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Organized & efficient
- Comfortable working independently and with a small team, with support from in-person or remote managers
This position is in person, full-time.
We offer PTO and Sick Time, Health/Dental insurance, 401k, Commuter Benefits, the ability to float holidays, and more. We are seeking a candidate to start immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Best Bees Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity of all kinds. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity. It is our policy to ensure that qualified individuals are considered for employment and treated equally without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Assistance and/or reasonable accommodations during the application process are available to individuals with disabilities upon request. BBC is proudly LGBTQ-owned, woman-run, and committed to representing BIPOC in our workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Roxbury, MA 02119: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person