Now Brewing – accounting manager! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only
celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As an Accounting Manager on Global Lease Accounting, you will have the opportunity to be part of an incredible team that supports our growing and complex global business. Our team leads the accounting for all leases in North America and all asset retirement obligations globally, owns our global lease accounting system and accounting policies, and provides training and assistance to our international accounting teams.
As an accounting manager, you will provide expertise in the following areas:
- Provide inspirational leadership to communicate vision and strategy for the accounting team; create a positive team environment including confidence in leadership and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Deal successfully with ambiguity, managing multiple priorities and be able to help lead the team through complex changes.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct and hold team to the same standard.
- Act as a subject matter expert in lease accounting and provide customers with clear and consistent guidance and education.
- Help lead and motivate the team to improve or simplify current process.
- Manage and execute month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial data in compliance with GAAP and Company policies. Recommend solutions, maintain consistency and leadership when issues arise during close.
- Identify key risks and opportunities and work cross functionally to provide solutions that drive process improvements and strengthen the control environment.
- Advise on accounting and financial impacts of new or proposed transactions, quantify opportunities and risks, and recommend solutions.
- Provide oversight to ensure systems, processes and internal controls are consistently applied.
Partner Development and Team Building
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Coach and inspire partners to meet business objectives, challenge status quo and seek continuous improvement.
- Attract, retain, and develop high-performing partners.
- Enjoy working on an energetic, fun team and have a clear ability to drive the business forward as part of a highly collaborative team, while acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience, including experience at a multi-national company
- Leading an accounting team for a large, multi-national, public company
- Developing, interpreting, and implementing accounting policies and processes in a high growth environment, while ensuring strong internal control environment
- Applying US GAAP to complex business transactions
- Supporting talent development in a diverse work environment
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!