The West Chester Area School District has the following custodial position available:
2nd Shift Custodian
In order to be considered for this position you must apply on the district website, https://wcasd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=6022
This position performs various tasks in order to maintain cleanliness/appearance both inside and outside building. Reports directly to the Head Custodian. Works cooperatively with administrators, supervisors, staff as well as others to perform job responsibilities as outlined.
Minimum requirements for this position are:
- High School diploma or equivalent is necessary
- Possess effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interface diplomatically with teachers, administrators, parents, students, support staff and outside contacts
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily Tasks: (include but not limited to)
- Dusting all top and flat surfaces.
- Emptying pencil sharpeners.
- Cleaning chalk boards with damp cloth.
- Dust mop or vacuum all floors.
- Wet mop all hallway floors which are not carpeted.
- Clean all toilet fixtures and wet mop floors.
- Dump trash from large container into dumpster.
- Buff and scrub floors using floor scrubbers.
- Emptying trash and recycling material.
- Pickup paper and debris outside of the building as needed.
- Lifting and moving of furniture and or boxes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.30 - $25.68 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Custodial Experience: 1 year (Preferred)