Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for an Advance Work Package Manager opportunity for our customer in
Aiken, SC to support the Capital Projects group at Savannah River Site.
Subcontractor shall provide construction planning support services to the NNSA Capital Projects mission being performed by Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SANS), LLC. The primary focus of these support efforts will be construction program management assistance and support to the SRS NNSA Capital Projects initiative by the valuation of the various project scope, planning, cost, schedule and construction management plans. Also develop construction procedures and processes for primary construction management functions and project integration interface with engineering and procurement.
Duration – Base with 1year option
Clearance required – No but must be able to obtain
US citizenship required – Yes
Exempt or Non-Exempt – Exempt
Closing date – 07/08/2020
Advance Work Package Manager- Technical Support Specialist-2
Provide personnel for the design and integration of construction processes to support the SRS NNSA Capital Projects
Construction Planning Team, including the following:
- Provide strategic and tactical construction management support to various Program Managers as needed to accomplish the NNSA Capital Project mission objectives.
- Develop construction procedures and processes for project automation and project controls Integration
- primary construction management functions and interfacing with engineering and procurement.
- Develop field document control/ work package procedures, processes and package closure processes.
- Develop project means and methods and project management planning and design reviews for actively interfacing with SRPPF, TFF and SPD as necessary.
- Assess the current state of construction planning and progress, including schedule of activities, for the preparation of construction procedures, deliverables and purchasing strategies as required to gain a positive lead on the current schedule.
- Support as required project automation the continuing evaluation and implementation of the recommendations made to establish and prepare the required deliverables and implementing strategies for the NNSA Capital Projects.
- Prepare reports documenting the review results and recommendations developed in performing the actions noted herein.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a science, engineering or task relevant discipline.
Minimum 5 years supporting commercial or federal science, nuclear engineering or other task relevant programs or projects
Typical Duties (not inclusive): Data collector, basic analysis, planning support, research, etc.
DOE Order 413.38 Program and Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access: An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate(s) must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details, Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Contract
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off